“False advertising”
Review of Hotel Estelar Blue

Hotel Estelar Blue
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Hotel is great way is really upsetting they advertise breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is good , but dinner is a joke. Soup from can, pineapples from can, few bad salads and few lousy sandwiches. They should not advertise something they can't deliver. I asked last night if menu is the same, sure it is.I saw it today. Today another gentleman complain that is a joke not a dinner. Front desk reply to my complaint was well it is free. I am staying for several nights and as a single traveler don't want to go out at night. Having dinner was great selling point for me. I am getting food from outside. My room is great. They didn't need to ruin my experience!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR Blue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear guest,

We appreciate and value your feedback , we inform you that the hotel be an essential line it offers a breakfast and dinner included in the rate which is lightweight for easy access to all guests . Similarly their views will be taken into account for our continuous improvement. We wait again.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

In general, the hotel looks really good. Nice Lobby and great location. The room was ok although ,the TV did not work. The main issue of my experience was at the check-in which took me 45 minutes even though I had a reservation.

Room Tip: I would recomend to book a room with a view towards the front of the Hotel, preferably a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR Blue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear guest,

Receive kind regards, while we express our gratitude, not only for choosing our hotel to stay, but also for having taken some of your valuable time to let us your comments.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Stayed with family members immediately after Christmas. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable although two different family members in two different rooms complained of noisy refrigerators and/or telephones making weird noises. The hotel was walking distance to a shopping mall and even quite close to a McDonalds which suited my son who was over beans, rice and avocados : ) There were staff members who spoke English which was a pleasant change. Medellin (pronounced Med-i-gin) is a beautiful city.

Room Tip: Make sure there are not noisy telephones or refrigerators!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

We apologize for the inconvenience; we are working every day to improve it.

We hope to have him back in our hotel, continue to exceed your expectations and also rely on its accurate findings.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Nice location. I would agree to walking down the hill and getting a taxi back up, they are cheap and plentiful.

A had a trainee checking me in and it took 40 minutes. I also had her checking out and she didn't share my sense of urgency to catch my flight.

The food isn't awful and there is certainly enough, but it is repetitive. Soup, salad, cold and toasted sandwiches . Dinner just has a canteen atmosphere. This was magnified by a French athletic team staying while I was there.

My biggest complaint would be there is no outdoor space, nowhere to enjoy the wonderous Medellín weathe.

Special thanks to Santiago who fixed my door, fixed the wifi, hailed me taxis and generally made me feel looked after.

235k pesos per night for a nice pleasant stay is great value.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Great hotel, room was really clean and with comfortable big beds, people always try to solve your problems quickly and always with kindness.
Had a few issues with WiFi, but no big deal, only a weaker connection.
One small hitch, dinner buffet is not enough and doesn't really change from one day to another (I could not understand why are there some hot dishes in the breakfast, which is good, like rice, eggs... and not in the evening... kind of weird). But anyway there was lots of restaurants in the neighborhood

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Noway F
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR Blue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016