“Fab food! And staff! :) ”

Barbaro Cocina Primitiva
Ranked #8 of 1,503 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$10 - US$43
Description: Barbaro cocina primitiva is the perfect choice if you want to taste the best grill plates this city can offer. We have a selected variety of proteins (pork, beef, chicken, fish, seafood) every recipe with our secret american touch.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Friday evening and were extremely happy with our experience. Luckily a table was free for us straight away as we hadn't booked. The restaurant was lively and had a good ambiance. Our waiter, Sebastian was kind and friendly and gave us good advice on our choices. Each dish we had was delicious. My boyfriend had the ribs which he thought were very meaty and had a tasty sauce. I had the pulled pork salad which was up there with the best salads I've had. We went with Sebastian's dessert recommendations and they were both great too. Fab evening! :)

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Good afternoon Lucy.

I´m pleased for read your review. It´s wonderful that your experience on our restaurant were such a fabulous as you said.

Hope you come soon again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Loved every bite, incredible value and taste. They didn't speak much english but I managed to order the right dish. Picture says a thousand words ....

Afternoon Mr. Aaron.

I´m pleased that you enjoy your visit on our restaurant. We are working on training our employees so they can give the same good services to all our costumers.

Hope you come soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Located in Laureles, this restaurant has the best ribs in town. We also tried the salmon and the tuna, andnit was amazing.

I had lunch with my family at Barbaro and we couldnt be happier with the food and service.

Loved it!

Ps: it is on a second floor- keep that in mind in case you have trouble taking the stairs.

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Good evening LuzMalala!

I´m glad that you enjoy your visit to our restaurant. You and your family are always welcome here.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We had a delicious birthday celebration at Barbaro and really enjoyed the meal. Prices are likely on a bit of the higher end for Medellin, but overall totally affordable for delicious food and drinks.

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

I´m pleased that you enjoyed your visit at our restaurant.

Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

This place has it all, great service, great food, great pricing, great environment! Unlike a lot of the restaurants here in Medellin, the music was background music as opposed to the normal blaring, need to shout or not talk at all kind you normally find. Great place to take a date.

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Mr. Isslandboy

I´m glad and greatful for your review, as i told you before at the restaurant, our main priority is to make you all feel like home with our food, service and environment. Hope you come again soon.

Have a good day!