“Disappointing”

Price range: US$15,000 - US$40,000
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Despite its Italian name it presents itself as specialized in hamburgers. I can make a better hamburger at home than what they served me ! Despite being a Saturday night when Parque Lleras restaurants (close by) are full, the restaurant was almost empty while we were there, probably because the food is ordinary, the atmosphere is ordinary, and the staff is ordinary. It’s location, and set up near a small open garden should make it attractive, but there no memorable meal to take back. Almost no wine choice. They do not seem to have been able to focus on a good food specialty. The menu and the decoration are a bit of everything. Too bad, a great specialty cook and a good restaurant manager could turn it into a favorite of the area. We tried it and left thinking it’s not worth coming back too unless they make serious changes, so there are much better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We have a conference atplaza mayor. Fellini is located just outside the conventoon center. I got the blue cheese burger and asked for extra jalapeños (free of charge)
Burgers are really nice!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I had planned to eat at Piqueo for a second straight Sunday but we got there too late and they had already for the afternoon, as had most places in the area. I spotted this Fellini joint at the bottom of the hill when we passed by so we improvised and went there.

I had a burger cooked in pepper butter (spicy, cayenne perhaps) with lettuce, tomato and an addition of grilled onions. Tasty burger, right combination of flavor of spice with better texture than the unflattering photos suggested. The rustic potatoes were robust, the garlic mayo was smooth and overall it was a good burger.

My girlfriend had a rib dish adorned with a surprisingly good Mexican salad (guacamole, pico de gallo, beans, etc). The ribs were flavorful and tender, not great but decent for the price. Her dish was about $10 USD (30K COP) and mine was about $7 USD (21K COP). They had a nice array of juices but I drank water. My date ordered a lime margarita and it was pretty terrible. Cocktail prices are on par with a much nicer place but the quality is not.

I would give this place 3.5 stars if I could due not only to the lousy cocktail but also to the so-so service. We were the only people in the place yet everything we needed we had to go find a the server and asking. Getting a taxi was some sort of grand inconvenience it seemed also. We had contact with three servers, one was friendly (though a little withdrawn), one was ditzy (and on her way out so I understand) and the third was pretty rude.

That said, finding a good burger in Medellin isn't easy and this was a Sunday afternoon. I would take this place over Chef Burger for sure, a nice little option for a burger chain in a city full of dry, puzzlingly bad burgers.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Very good Burger just wish Servers spoke a little English. 9 PM and hungry and thinking about the place around the corner from my apartment. Seen it many times but never tried it, When I arrived I was surprised by the atmosphere. More romantic than you would expect for a burger joint. Good service and excellent burger. Lots of other things on the menu but without my translator friend I went with the safe choice. Not dissapointed!

Reviewed 17 November 2015

The room and the view into the garden are pleasant but that's where the positives end. The food is only fair and little better than places half the price in the same district. Service is very poor despite the place nearly being empty. There wasn't a single occasion when the waiter didn't have to be called over and this in a room that had only three tables occupied.
I wanted white wine and instead was offered the choice from two bottles of red It appears that they had been 'busy' and that was all that was left. I seem to remember on a previous visit a similar reason being given for pretty much the same situation.
The same situation seemed to exist with bottled water with gas. The restaurant only had one bottle Clearly whoever orders the supplies needs to work a little harder on doing some work.
This isn't the worst place in Poblado. The room is pleasant but the food barely scrapes average and the service is dire. Any thought that this is a 'Gourmet' eating is very misplaced Avoid.