Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$78
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Hotel Quadrifolio(Cartagena)
US$116
US$430
US$315
  • Pool
Casa Bustamante Hotel Boutique(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$106
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$158
  • Pool
Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$147
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$443
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I travel 300+ nights a year from very high end to very low end properties (Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, IHG Spire Elite). Yes, there are a many properties blocks away to pay 3x, 4x, 10x the money. However Costa Del Sol has good value for a last minute booking on NYE week. First - this is a LOCAL COLOMBIA FAMILY HOTEL with 3 meals included which were tasty home cooked meal style - everything runs out so just go when it opens and try the soups. The standard beach is across the street for some wave jumping which also means the hotel does not like towels on the beach, so find towels early in the day or in the afternoon stacked behind the front desk. The reason checkin takes so long is that checkout is a liberal 1pm and the technical systems are slow. Just be patient and know enough Spanish to converse with the staff who were very nice. Room was very basic, decently clean, disinfected once per day with no linen change during the stay, water was hot, bed was hard but acceptable, no blanket, close the air vent, and internet was good enough for me to work a bit. As far as safety, the people of Colombia are good people who bring their families to this resort and do not want any issues here. Plus the neighborhood is safe with lots of bars and restaurants and only 20 minutes walking to Old Town. In the end, I would stay here again in a pinch if my main stays were not available. No worries. Just roll with it and enjoy the local culture.

Room Tip: Be nice and patient with the staff and tip housekeeping daily
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank LeeBerendsen
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

Worse hotel ever. Dont know how they operate. Who gives these people permits to operate???
Not only aweful service but filthy... I am posting some pictures of the swimming pool. Whoever gets in that pool will surely get some kind of disease.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Worst experience ever. We went to Cartagena after a couple of years and stayed at this place as it was booked for a family member. The check in process took like an hour. The lobby was packed. I really do not understand why so many people was staying there. It was noon so we were allowed to go to the restaurant to have lunch. We paid for an all inclusive package but never imagined the meals were at the same level as an executive lunch wich normally includes rice, beans, meat, soup and you can have it for about 2 us everywhere in Colombia. After my first deception. I saw what it looked like a salad bar and thought at least I could have a nice salad but when I approached it I was surprised to see only cabbage, tomatoes and cucumbers. We decided to give a try to the rooms. To our surprise the beds were made of concrete. There were no towels or toiletries at all. I needed to go to the reception to get towels. No toiletries available at all. We went to to pool. It looked fine however there was no toilet paper at the women's washroom and when I asked an employee if she could take care of the issue, she said it was not part of her duties nor even pretended to care about it. It was dinner time and we decided to go to see if the food was better. Guess what? No it was not. It was pretty much the same menu plus a shredded fish caserole. Same veggies. Same dessert . Only cookies. After all the disappointed it was time to rest. Oh surprise. There were cockraches in the bathroom. Later that nigth my sister knocked at my door sounded really upset. She told me she found a cockrach walking in her bed. At that time we decided to go to the reception and asked for a refund. The attendant response was that we needed to wait until next day that a cashier would be available. The next day came. Of course we did not have breakfast there. We were concerned about roaches walking in the kitchen and cutlery. We asked for a refund de and we're offered to be transfer to a hotel partner. We agreed. Now we regret it . The service was a bit better. The location a bit more clean but yes the food was as bad and last day I did find there were roaches there too. What a nightmare. I rated it here as one circle because there is no option to say not even that. You can definitely find better motels that this supposed to be 2 stars hotel. Stay away from it.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Check-in took nearly 20 minutes, the staff couldn't find our booking.com reservation. Then we were asked to move to our room, on the top floor on our own, nobody to accompany us. The room was small, dirty and the linens needs to be changed immediately. The floor tiles were absent at certain places. The split AC leaked water inside the room and there was no one to fix it. Outsiders were not prevented from coming in and anybody and everybody in Cartagena seems to enter this hotel. The water of the swimming pool was so dirty that not even fishes will live in it.
The breakfast was horrible. We took half board and everything contained Bananas and bananas, they had banana soup, fried bananas, banana curry, banana juice and the meat also contained plenty of sliced bananas with hardly any chunks of meat. Was tired after a day and we opted to eat out. The dining room was always full of tourists eating away and to find a place to sit for the food is the most intimidating part.
The only part that was wonderful was that our room contained a big balcony with chairs and table from where you can see the Pacific, the Cartagena beach and the sunset.

Room Tip: Choose the topmost rooms to have a great view of the Pacific
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr_B_Maitra
Reviewed 28 September 2015

The lobby stinks. The room was not ready and we entered, it had the same bed spread, pillow, etc used. The toilet seat was on the floor. You cannot sit because it has a paper outlet that does not even work. the safety box was not workuing. There were no towels, and after calling a " zillion " times, we had to go down to the lobby to get a couple of towels. The restaurant food is bad, in fact is like eating old leftovers. My wife got a stomach infection, and the last day was on medication in the room. I did not report that because I wanted to get out of that place ASAP. I do not recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Go somewere else, you will not have a bad time. My best advise: Just do not go there.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple