“Great Diving Compnay”
Review of Buzos de Baru

Buzos de Baru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BUZOS DE BARU dive center Baru is a PADI RESORT over 15 years continuous operation in the city, positioned as one of the best diving schools Cartagena. We have qualified PADI instructors and trained staff for teaching and Guidance diving, we like to make long dives and go to the most beautiful places possible for each day depending on the climate in the area. We will see a great variety of fauna and flora, the temperature of the water is very nice and comfortable you don’t even need a wetsuit, the visibility is excellent almost all year long and we have more than 30 dive spots and types of dives that you can choose from. The dives are characterized for the beauty of the coral, the great visibility and the great variety of life you will see. The coral is in great shape and there are hundreds of small but beautiful reef fish just waiting to be admired by you, so what are you waiting for, come down and visit us and let the adventure begin. Our dive leaders always carry under water digital cameras and the pictures are included in the dive plan.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We dove three times over a course of four days. The guides were very knowledgeable. There are a number of different sites they can take you, including reefs, wrecks, and even some underwater art pieces. We don’t have any complaints. Thanks for the experience.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"take photos"
"fresh fruit"

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I when there with no experience or expectations. I was really happy about the hole experience. My teacher Santiago was really good and explaining and making me feel comfortable. He is really experienced and has a friendly attitude. For the dives the site where extraordinary. Reck and reefin the same day . On my last dive we where quite aways from shore in some clear wather. The visibility unbelievable. I highly recommend this company. And will use them again!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We did the open water course here, and they were fantastic! The training was one on one with divemaster, which made ot really easy and quick to complete training. Although they weren't fluent in english, they went over and above to make sure we understood everything and had the best possible experience. Would recommend without hesitation!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

This place is a must! I've been to Cartagena a few times and after this trip Buzos de Baru is the dive center I will be coming to the next time I'm in town. Very friendly staff and great gear. I dove with them 5 days in a row and everyday was as great as the last. Very knowledgable of the dive sites, and helpful with everything needed. Thank you to Juan (Owner), Jorge (Boat Capitan), Santiago, Diego, Edgar & Andres (Instructors)!!!! See you next time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is a great diving center and as far as personnel go the best.

When we arrived in Cartagena we called around to different places with good reviews and this was the least expensive although by only about $30k/person (diving in Cartagena is double of what you pay for in Taganga which is near Santa Marta). They were also the outfit that made me feel the most comfortable when asking questions over the phone. The only thing I didn’t like is that you had to go to the Hotel Caribe where they are located to pay in advance - they won’t let you pay over the phone. Went there and paid by phone and the lady explained that we’d have two dives in either Barú or another place I can’t recall – depending on the conditions.

The morning of the dive everything was on time. They fitted us for booties and give you wet suits if you so desire (my son and I just went in shirts and bathing suits but the others got wet suits). From the hotel they transported us to a small dock a few blocks away where the boat was waiting. I was pleasantly surprised that the boat had overhead cover to shield us from the sun. The captain informed us that we would going to two dive sites in Baru and I was really impressed with him, I could tell that he was an excellent instructor. He would dive with a non certified father and son who only took the mini course while his assistant would go with another diver, my son and I.

The first place we dived at had three shipwrecks which was nice and the second just had coral with decent visibility. During the interval they served us freshly cut fruit and juice. Once we got back to land they asked us to help offload the gear which took all of 3 minutes. We could either catch a ride back to our respective hotels from the dock or could go back on the boat (no additional charge) which would dock for the day at a larger dock closer to the historic center where you could more easily catch a cab.

During the dive they take hundreds of pics (no video) which are free and available for download.

I really enjoyed my dive with them. Just wish that they provided the info for my dive log.

1  Thank Jafo19D