All reviews rooftop pool boutique hotel san felipe fort busy plaza plaza de la trinidad old town great neighborhood walled city english speaking daily breakfast walking distance to everything ceiling fan min walk visiting cartagena air conditioning stayed here for nights courtyard
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Clean, cool, well designed hotel right in the fun of Getsemeni - it's small pool area on the roof is perfect to avoid some mid day heat. Santa Ana is an ideal place to explore Cartagena and is only 10 mins walk from the Old City.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter and cooler
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We were so looking forward to staying at this hotel but on arrival we were told the hotel was full so we had to stay in the hotel next door which was 'the same standard'. We had no pre warning and the hotel was not the same standard yet we had to pay the same amount as Santa Ana. Management were rarely there so I couldn't discuss with anyone and despite an email privately since to express our disappointment, we've received no reply so I'm afraid it's a bad review from us. The hotel did seem lovely however in the lobby and location is great.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Maria and her staff made our stay exceptionally wonderful!!! Upon entering, we were greeted with delicious welcome drinks called Coco Lemonade. Quite, possibly the best drink I've ever had! We proceeded to our room, which was initially a queen size bed, although we requested twin size beds. The staff went out of their way to separate the mattresses to make twin beds. The facility was very modern, clean and intimate. All qualities I was looking for during my Cartagena stay. Every morning, we woke up to a delicious made to order breakfast! I enjoyed the various options, guests are offered. My only criticism of the my stay, is the rooftop pool not being as clean as it should. Perhaps, the hotel should clean it more often. In terms of hotel location, it was PERFECT! It's 10 minutes walk from the walled city and surrounded by a bunch of restaurants and bars. The popular Trinidad Plaza is a few steps away, where the neighborhood gathers to converse and listen to music. Overall, I would stay at Casa Santa Ana during my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2017

It is very small but the rooms were lovely. I saw 2 of the 5 rooms. Breakfast was excellent! The ladies helping during off hours speak little to no English and during the day Maria José took care of our needs. She helped us locate an eye doctor, found a guide for a city tour and helped us with transportation. Because our flight was delayed several hours they were unable to pick us up at the airport, however they provided the return to the airport instead. The location is, as other reviewers have mentioned, in Getsemani. Having 4 days in Cartagena, I might have selected a hotel closer to the historic center as we had to take cabs to return to our hotel at night. But cabs are very reasonable compared to those in the US.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

This is a very beautiful mini boutique hotel in an old colonial building with only five very spacious room, very attentive staff, a great breakfast and a roof terrace with a tiny swimming pool offering great views across the city. It's a perfect love nest or refuge, the noise of the city immediately vanishes once you enter the courtyard. The rooms are tastefully decorated. There was, however, one problem during my stay: there was no hot water for almost the entire time. The "tecnico " was here at least three times, but only on the last day it seemed to finally work - unacceptable for a hotel of this category and in this price segment. Hence only four stars.

Stayed: January 2017