See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Gentle and honest staff,

In the case you need to manage your traveling budget without sacrificing security, feel confident to stay there. I stayed in small room with fan no air conditioning (I personally hate being under AC). All were OK and I saved some traveling money :)

For tourists it is well located, not only because of secure surroundings, but also for being located in nice social area in Cali, so you can get many options around to hang out, to dance, to eat, etc even by walking - when no transport, then more savings ;)

There is always options to pay for luxuries and facilities in big cities but of course it costs.If you looking for fancy hotel then look somewhere else and be willing to pay five times more or higher than this one (~USD 25 per night).

Last thing, Cali its a nice city to visit, full of energy, wonderful people and one of my favorite places to visit.

Room Tip: You can choose options with fan instead air conditioner and deal for multiple accommodation if you travel in couple or group.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The hotel and the room itself look OK, but there were a lot of problems with this place. Quite honestly, I was shocked other people have given it such high ratings.

In September 2010, the price for a single room with no air conditioning is only 40.000 pesos a night, but I've stayed in other places in Colombia with similar pricing and they were much nicer. The biggest problem here is that it's almost impossible to escape the noise because there's a central open area and all the rooms are around it. Voices and any other noise carries to all areas. And, there's actually a dog that lives in the hotel, and he can bark at any time.

The bathrooms are very old and need to be completely refurbished. There always seemed to be water on the bathroom floor. Water leaked from the drains under the sink, from underneath the toilet, and even from the shower with the curtain closed. You can't walk in the bathroom with shoes because you'll leave dirty footprints everywhere. There always seemed to be 2 or 3 ants in the bed somewhere. They never were actually on me, but always seemed to be there.

The rooms that cost 40.000 pesos are only suitable for one person. The bed is a twin size, and the sheets aren't the proper size for the bed. The fitted sheet on the bottom was too small, and pulled away from the mattress, leaving the
mattress exposed. In the morning, I found myself sleeping at least part-way on the bare mattress.

The problem with the rooms that don't have air conditioning is that there is a permanently open window above the door with louvers and screen coverings which lets in all noise. When I checked in, the girl told me if I close the main window of the room I wouldn't be able to hear anything from outside, but you can't close the window above the door. I slept with earplugs, but it was still difficult. People walk past your room talking and laughing and the noise comes right in, as if there were no window at all. Noise won't be as bad if you get a room with air conditioning, but the price escalates quickly if you take one of those rooms.

On the plus side, the room does have cable TV with many international channels, including from France and Italy. There's also a phone and hot water. Water pressure and temperature was never a problem while I was there. There's also a free internet terminal in the lobby. The bed was comfortable.

The best thing about this hotel is the location; the Granada neighborhood is the best neighborhood in Cali for foreign visitors. It's close to many restaurants and clubs, plus it's a relatively safe area. In the same neighborhood, I have stayed at Hotel Windsor, which is double the price, but probably was worth the difference. I looked at rooms in Hotel Nevada which I will try next time (they had rooms with air conditioning that cost only slightly more than Sartor rooms that came only with a fan).

The owner and staff were very nice here, but once was enough for me.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank maynard7
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I took a cab for an hour (20'000 pesos) and toured the hotels and apartments in Granada, Cali, Colombia. I chose this hotel.

This hotel is good (single room 40'000 pesos). I negotiated a room with a big bed for 60'000 Pesos (about 30 USD) a night. Some rooms are better than others. You have to choose one that is not on the side of the street if you don't like noise.

I got good A/C plus a ceiling fan. Cable TV and hot water. plus a good table + 2 chairs for eating or computer.

Plus it is 2 blocks from Juan Valdez Granada and all the classy restaurants and also two block from Avenida Sexta and its bars, restaurants and discos (more working class). Yet, you have to know that the nightlife in these 2 areas (and in the rest of Cali and most of Colombia for that matter) is not good if you are alone or with a male friend since women (almost) never go out unaccompanied. They are usually always with male friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2009

The hotel is clean and well located, but very noisy. You can hear everything. For me, the worst part was that they didn't have hot water even though they were supposed to. They told us we had to wait because many people were showering at the same time. We waited forever, and the hot water never came.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria123T
Reviewed 8 December 2009

It's cheap, well located... In the north of cali.........................................................................................

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple