US$85
US$74
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$144
US$98
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$82
US$69
  • Breakfast included
La Sucursal Hostel(Cali)(Great Value!)
US$24
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$137
US$121
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed in Cali for 2 weeks in November 2011, I had spent a bit of time looking at different hotels but decided on the Cali Plaza. I have stayed in many hotels in Europe and the USA and I like to see what people say about a place. Reviews rated the Cali Plaza highly and I'm all for supporting word of mouth businesses. I emailed the hotel checking rates and received a reply very quickly, the rates were fantastic for what I wanted with a special offer included, I chose the one bed aparta-suite. I had to change my travel dates a short time before I was due to arrive and this was accommodated with no problem, AND the special offer price still applied. I was delayed by a day (where else but CDG, France) on my way to Colombia, again with very little notice I mailed the hotel about my delay, Again, no problems. On arrival I was checked in smoothly, shown the room and the features, handed the key and left to my own devices. The first thing that struck me was the uniqueness of the room, almost like staying in someone's home: nice furniture, good layout: a separate kitchen, laundry area, bathroom living room and bedroom with a decent airy size. I didn't feel cramped. The suite was very clean and was kept impeccable throughout my stay be the very friendly and helpful staff. The kitchen had everything I needed for cooking, big fridge/freezer, microwave, hob etc. being from Europe and missing my cup of tea, I didn't find a kettle, no matter. The bedroom was clean, bed clothes spotless, sheets were spotless, pillows spotless. Simple but effective closets with a digital safe. Air conditioning was provided by two wall mounted remote controlled AC units, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. These were very good on the hotter days. The hotel itself is quiet, I didn't hear any other guests or loud TV's in other rooms (solid walls). I must mention the staff, The guys and girls working the reception/maintenance are very friendly and helpful, my Spanish was limited but they spoke English when needed which was really helpful. They happily let you in and out and order cabs for you and will also sell you beers (or stronger) from the cooler in the lobby. The only drawback of was not the hotel itself, but rather it's location across the road from El Viejo Barril, a disco bar which likes to pump their music at the loudest volume to the wee hours. Fine if your in a party mood but a bit annoying after a few nights on the beer when your just trying to catch up on sleep, earplugs however did the trick just fine. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring Avienda Sexta, lots of bars and restaurants within a few mins walk. It being my first time in Colombia, I was a little nervous walking the first few nights up Avienda Sexta, but found the locals get to know your face and extend a raucous welcome (to their bar or restaurant) thereafter. You are also in a good location being a 5 min taxi ride or 10 min walk to Chipi-Chape shopping mall and close to most city attractions. Overall, the Cali Plaza was a find. A smart, well run establishment, clean, safe, friendly and comfortable. I will certainly stay there again when I travel to Cali, it could be considered a home from home and you'll be certainly made feel welcome.

Room Tip: Go for the aparta-suite if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank paulie219
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at Cali Plaza Hotel for a total of four nights from late September to early October, and chose the hotel based on the many positive experiences previous guests expressed here on TripAdvisor. Making a reservation through the hotel's website on the internet wasn't a problem. You are able to make a reservation, but in order to secure the reservation, the hotel requests that you a pay a deposit in advance (for me, this was $63) with a credit card through PayPal. This deposit is then applied towards your hotel bill when you are ready to check out. Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by receptionist Henry, who showed me to my room. During my stay, I found great hot water and water pressure in the shower, cold air conditioning, clean and fluffy towels, clean linens on the bed, a security safe in the closet, television with about 80 channels (some in english, including CNN), and a mini-fridge. Housekeeping did a great job freshening the room every day. There are no telephones in the rooms, but you are provided with a cell phone by the hotel. You then buy a phone card (60 minutes for 20,000 COP or roughly $10 in cash) from reception, who then cheerfully sets up the phone for you. The bar and restaurant of Cali Plaza Hotel is currently closed (it operates as a separate entity from the hotel, and they are trying to find someone to rent it and re-open it), so breakfast is not available at the hotel each morning as of right now. This was a little disappointing, and made finding your first meal of the day a challenge. There is also no common computer for guests to use in the lobby, but there is an internet spot directly across the street and a much better one (Cyber Sexta) on the corner just down the street. At checkout, if you pay in cash with US Dollars, you are given a 5% discount, and a 10% discount if you pay in Colombian Pesos. Overall, I give Cali Plaza Hotel a thumbs up, and would very much consider staying here on a future trip to Cali.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The very positive reviews in Tripadvisor convinced me to give this hotel a try when I visited Cali for three days in late July, 2011. Well, although I did not get a greeting by the owner or quite the personal treatment as in prior reviews, I did find a clean and comfortable room for a reasonable price. I stayed in a large room near the front desk, not in an apartment style room upstairs.

Although the hotel was relatively quiet, the area around it is full of discos, bars and all kinds of nightlife, which made the overall ambiance quite noisy, especially the disco right across the street with nonstop music until the wee hours. Of course, this might be just the thing for younger folks, but I am a little too old to take part in bar hopping and late night partying. So, although I would recommend it based on the hotel itself, please do a reality check regarding the neighborhood and nightlife.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank cklonowski
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I loved the place. It is located right in the heart of the best part of Cali. Everything is within walking distance of the hotel and if you need any help with finding the local gym or other needs, the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The room was big, well equipped and meet all my needs and then some. This is the place to stay in Cali.

Kevin

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank kelloyd
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed at Cali Plaza hotel after reading the great reviews. This hotel lives up to the positive feedback. The owner Claude is doing a great job and has the most helpful staff working at the hotel. The hotel is located close to everything! You get a free cell phone (just add minutes). No need to venture out to get a cab. You can get George to pick you up and drop you off. Both the owner and George speak English, so you need not worry if your Spanish is rusty. My friends and I had a great time staying at this hotel and will be staying here when we visit Cali. A+++

Al