See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Small rooms. the size of a small kids bedroom. Ironically the bathrooms are a decent size. Do not use the mini bar/fridge you will be charged much more than is listed.
While there I was being charged approximately 80% more per day than what they quoted. When I asked where all these charges came from the owner told me it's all there in the ledger. However I was not given access to the ledger and my bill did not show what the extra charges included.
the owner is very much in your business. To the point I might have just left the door open and have him sit outside watching me.
The inside of the rooms are very rustic. Cheap reused wood that was probably found off an old demolition to build a tiny desk area. Then many coats of paint to the point it was just gunk. No closets, balcony's are advertised but there is not one room with balcony in the building. Wi-Fi almost never worked even if you were within 10 feet from the router in the lobby area. In your room guarantee you it will not work.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank firefoxf1
La Casa A, Propietario at La Casa Azul, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

this revews is a FAKE... is NOT a guess of la Aasa Azul. I think is a competiter who whrite this comments to destroy our reputacion.

this member of trip advisor has just publish 2 revews in this profile one very bad for la casa azul and one very good for a competiter.... that's the problem with trip avisor every body can whrite a comments not only your verified guest

how can we charge 80% more on the mini bar if we don't have mini bar... we don't have a ledge ??? the price are 4000 for a beer and 3000 for a soda. that writed on the reception desk. the reception is in concrete in a modern style and not in wood...????

We don't have wood in the hotel . the rooms are very big with big queen size bed...
we have 9.2/10 for the staff on booking.com on 307 revews... so I don´t understand I am the owner and I am not in the business of my guest.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Casa Azul is a charming place to start a tour in south Columbia and Pacific Coast. The place is lovely, rooms comfortable and breakfast complete. The owner knows a lot about Columbia and can display all advises needeed. Highly recomanded, thanks a lot

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Clean room, wifi, decent breakfast but above all, very friendly staff and a good bed. The french manager was very helpfull. He has numerous contacts for dance lessons, tours, restaurants and transportation. I would defenitely recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

More than a hotel, this is a B&B. Decent value for the price and very centrally located. However, there were some disappointments.
The rooms could use a refreshing, they look worn (holes in the wall, no decoration, musty smell). The room with a balcony can be nice as long as no one is staying in the room next door. My neighbors were just talking and having a beer but I heard them as if I was part of the conversation: zero sound insulation. Also, breakfast was included but the cook was not there to make mine before I left on an early flight (even though I let them know the night before about my schedule, which was still within their regular breakfast hours...)
I will look for a new place next time I'm in Cali.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank elituno
Reviewed 19 February 2016

We liked this hotel a lot. It seems to be in a safe location (we walked back from Zaperoco bar at 11pm on a Saturday night without a hitch). The owner/manager is French and most of the staff speak some English, although we tried to speak to them in Spanish. Our room was up the stairs at the back, others were on the ground floor opening off the main public courtyard. We has air con, although it wasn't very strong. The decor was contemporary especially the bathroom, but there were some somewhat amateurish details. However this did not detract from the overall experience of the hotel. Friendly helpful staff who recommended places to go to see, to eat and to see salsa dancing! Walking distance of the city centre too.

Room Tip: Our room upstairs at the rear had a private enclosed outside area
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple