All reviews front desk balcony handy guests city
Reviewed 27 March 2018

My room was luxurious and relaxing,the A.C came in handy; cleaning staff was the best. Meals were the best and, the staff were really nice and always looked out for me. Beatriz is also a wonderful host. As this trip was my first time outside of the U.S., I definitely felt welcomed to Colombia and felt right at home. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know and I would definitely come back again. Wonderful experience!

Room tip: Room 208 is nice!
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CasaSantaMonica, ECOMMERCE at Hotel Casa Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dr Mr Jonathan: Thanks a lot for your kind comments and It was a real pleasure to have you with us.
You are very welcome and we long you come back soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I went to Cali for business for two days in two different weeks. Both times I stayed in this hotel. First thing you should know is that the hotel consists of four old family houses in a calm neighbourhood, which gives it a special atmosphere. The front desk is in a house and my room was in another just across the street (very safe), and I got the same room the two times I stayed there.

What I liked: the neighbourhood; it’s quite at night, though early in the morning you listen the sound of cars from a close main way; there are trees and a green area close to the houses, and you are in the north of the city, walking distance to Avenida 9, where you can find bars and restaurants, and a vivid night life. My room (103) was big and comfortable; the mattress a little hard for me, but ok; the restaurant is in the same house, so you just drop off your bed and are in the restaurant taking your breakfast. The people: they were very kind all the time and solved my few necessities in time.

What I didn’t like: as my room had a window next to the balcony of the room next door, when there was people in the balcony you could hear every single word and sound there was; especially uncomfortable at night, but at least it wasn’t for a long time. And as my room was in the same house as the restaurant, one of the mornings I was woke up by a group of people having breakfast at 7:00 a.m.; I know this is not fault of the hotel but depends on the guests, but was not nice because all the chatting and laughing in loud voice (the same people on the balcony).

What can be improved: the restaurant; it’s OK for breakfast but if you would like to have lunch or dinner, the options are very poor. But, again, you are close to Avenida 9 and there you can find a good variety of places to drink and eat.

I would recommend this place if you want a more familiar place than a traditional hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CasaSantaMonica, Ecommerce at Hotel Casa Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Mr :
Thanks a lot for your kind comments about us which help us to improve our services and facilities.
Please accept our apologies for inconveniences you had during your stay specially for noise close to your room
We long to have you back pretty soon and you are very welcome to CSM
Best Regards ,
Estephany Lozano

Reviewed 19 May 2017

First off let me say say the staff was absolutely excellent. Very helpful in every aspect of our stay. I miss the excellent breakfast on the balcony with the Juan Valdez Coffee. The room was of good size, clean and well lighted. Shower was wonderful with plenty of hot water. the beds were very comfortable and CLEAN! Call for room service and in less than 5 minutes you have wonderful fruits or food delivered to you with a friendly smile! Parking is inside, through a gated wall, it was secure and always had someone handy to let you out day or night. We stayed in the hotel for 8 days, that is in Pance, south of Cali. They have two hotels and I am sure they are both excellent. Property in Pance is gorgeous, no other word for it. Well groomed, lots of trees and beautiful red squirrels.We will definitely stay her next trip to Cali. Highly Recommended. Gregg & Luz Mesa, Arizona

Room tip: do not take a room close to the lobby if talking bothers you.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasaSantaMonica, E commerce at Hotel Casa Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Mr Gregg & Luz:
We really appreciatte your comments and your are very welcome. Thanks a lot for your visit.
Estephany Lozano

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I was at Casa Santa Monica for a week long workshop. Both our accomodation and workshop were held there and I wish to praise the care and attention devoted to our group. Everything was outstanding. My only warning would be that if you are a ligth sleeper the rooms by the front desk, which are accesible for people with disabilities (wonderful on the hotel's behalf) can be noisy given that guests are constantly coming and going and requesting services from the front desk. I was OK staying there, but must say the hotel was more than ready to give me a different room if it became unbearable. Do stay in their thematic rooms, they are gorgeous!

Room tip: Gaudi room is beautiful, there are two rooms handicap accessible (although a little noisy bring ear plugs).
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I spent a wonderful 9 days calling Casa Santa Monica home. I was in Cali for work and was so pleased to come back to the hotel nightly. The staff were always pleasant, always helpful, and smiled at me whenever I was outside my room! There is a beautiful courtyard to sit in and a lovely common area near the front desk. The breakfasts are exceptional and the homemade pasta I ordered for delivery was fantastic. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes a relaxing and peaceful stay in Cali. It is superb! JSA

Room tip: Rooms across the street from the front desk are large and comfortable.
Date of stay: August 2015