See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I visited Hotel Karlo mid-February 2017. I'm a 35-year old blond American (very rare in Cali), and I stayed by myself. I never felt unsafe at the hotel. (note - cali is relatively safe for tourists as long as you don't pull out your cell phone or fancy camera, don't flash cash, don't wear flashy jewelry, etc.). Best for people who don't want to spend a lot, but also not interested in hostels. Definitely worth the daily rate.

I knew very little about Cali or Colombia before my visit and speak VERY little Spanish. The hotel is clean, staff are VERY helpful and friendly. A few are fluent in English, so I never had an issue getting what I needed. Staff also helped me find a place to get my nails done, helped me buy a cell phone after mine got wet and ruined (thank you Tatiana!), make international calls, and more.

The best part of the hotel are the staff - especially Tatiana (day) and Freddie (night)! They are truly special people. Hotel is very close to many restaurants and shops. While here, I recommend the neighborhood, San Antonio (10 min taxi ride), with it's hip murals, coffee shops, dance studios, etc. I also recommend checking out the salsa bars.

Lindsay

Room tip: I stayed in a room facing the lobby/café, which could get a little loud from 7:30-9:00AM.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carolina P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Boutique Karlo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for your comment it was a pleasure have you here in our Hotel, i hope you come again.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

The rooms were clean and organized. The moment I stepped in the hotel was good service. The hotel is on a good location. Room is at a reasonable price. There's lots of great restaurants to eat. If you like the nightlife it's great lounges / club near the hotel. Everything is at a walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Carolina P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Boutique Karlo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thanks for your comment, for us are very important, it was pleasure having you here with us your are always welcome.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Excellent ubication and room service, that place have easy access to public transport and ciy's amenities.

The room service is excellent, very clean and friendly, and the colombian breakfast has awesome!

Room tip: Easy access to mains banks and business zone
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Carolina P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Boutique Karlo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you very much for your comment, it will always be a pleasure to serve you in our hotel.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

only positive point: well located in you want to be close to Parque del Perro

for the rest: not well maintained, not proactive staff, rooms are noisy and small.
i felt only bad vibes in this place...
worse in 2 weeks across Colombia!

hotel was almost empty but staff did not want to give me a room with outside view. Got room (like many rooms) with patio view, NOISY!!! from 7am... was a free stuff for them but no effort to try to make the guests happy.....

also, if the neighboor snors, you hear it clearly as noise spreads between rooms like there are no walls... ;(

price at walk in above booking price: another uncommercial practice

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Carolina P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Boutique Karlo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thank you for your comments which are a contribution to our continuous improvement; Our hotel is in a process of changes of structure and image; We regret the inconvenience that you had with us we express our sincere apologies and we are working to improve.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Comfortable and clean room with a good bed and a good bathroom. The staff is very friendly and they make you feel more than at home. The location is fine, there are many fun and interesting nearby. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Carolina P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Boutique Karlo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you, was a pleasure have you here in our Hotel.