US$56
US$48
US$64
US$60
BestDay.com
All reviewsswimming pool and restaurantfront deskmini barlobbyfridgepesoscarnaval
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Staff at front desk were consistently surly. Little to no English is spoken, which is ok, just a warning to those with limited Espanol. Breakfast is a bit disappointing but fairly typical. Pool is small and a bit dirty. My room had 1 small window which looked directly at a wall 1 meter away and made the room feel like a cave. Room was large, but oddly laid-out. Linens and furniture and built-ins were in quite poor shape, but hey... it was fairly cheap.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
WynGardenBaq, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for your comment. We're working in all the issues you mentioned in your feedback to provide a better service to our guests.

Thank you so much and we'll be pleased to serve you once again,

Reviewed 8 May 2016

To begin, to be fair I don"t speak spanish well but I thought staying in a american owned/based hotel by whydym you would think there would have at least 1 person at all times who speaks English. WRONG, When i check in the reception girl Kathern never even said hello and spoke no english and made no effort, Thank god my girlfriend was with me, she then charge me wrong on the nights i stayed,,,,then when i check in my room safe and air con not working,AGAIN THANK GOD MY GIRL FRIEND WAS THERE, went to a different room where everything did work. IT gets worse, next day my room was not clean untill 4 pm after i went downstairs and spoke my broken spanish. Breakfast was horribble, again no one spoke a word of English. Pool was good. When I check out Kathern managed to remember to charge me for the one night she did not charge me when i check in, and HAD THE NERVE TO JUST HAND ME A SURVEY TO FILL OUT, I think they did that to get a bounus, THEY DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY STAY. What an awful experience , Now I am sure the hotel will respond in English to this review, and my questions is WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEED YOUR HELP LAST WEDNESDAY? If you want respond, THEN DO IT TO ME PERSONALLY cc26cc@yahoo.com

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
WynGardenBaq, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Larrym

First of all, we want to than you for your comment, it is important for our staff to receive this feedback from you. We want to apologize for the inconvenients you had during your stay, it's our main goal to provide the best service to all our guests.

We hope we can have the opportunity to serve you again and improve the experience you had.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Excellent location ! Very professional and corteous staff, the rooms are spacious and clean friendly environment..the restaurant Paris is just awesome.. delicious food and great service..we are enjoying our stay here and highly recomended ..is like a home away from home!
Thank to all the staff of the Howard Johnson Versalles for their kindness!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
WynGardenBaq, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Dear Guest

We want to thank you for your comment, it's really important for our staff to have the opportunity to improve our service and to provide the best experience in our Hotel.

We hope we can have the pleasure to serve you again,

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights during carnaval. We had originally booked at another hotel and because of a problem with the reservation, we were re-booked here. Our main issue is that the original hotel had English speaking staff and we had chosen it based on that. Howard Johnson's didn't have any English speaking staff.

Good: nice big reception area, nice restaurant, good breakfast.

Bad: No English speaking staff, tiny room, loud all night (basically because of carnaval), old Howard Johnson 1970's orange and aquamarine decor everywhere reminded us of a set from Mad Men.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
WynGardenBaq, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Dear Bob720x

We want to thank you for your comment, it's very important for us to receive this feedback from our guests.

We hope you can visit us once again in the future,

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Booked via hotel website (not Wyndham) for less than 50$C.

Arrived at hotel at around 1pm and room was ready. Check in was courteous.

Room was big, with king bed, LCD Tv with plenty of channels (Spanish and international), fridge, minibar, good bathroom with shower only. Water pressure was a bit low and it took a while to get warm water. Wifi signal was good.

There is a nice pool with a kiddy pool on the second floor. The gym is rather weak, with a few old piece of equipment.

The best was the breakfast, full buffet with Colombian selections (Calentado, arepas, empanadas, soup) and lots of fruits. The lobby also has a lot of local artwork which is quite nice.

The biggest problem: their card key system was down and you had to be accompanied each time by a bell boy so he could open your door with the master key. That's the first time I see this...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
WynGardenBaq, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Howard Johnson Hotel Versalles Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Dear Guest

We want to thank you for your comments, we really appreciate the time you've spent sharing your experience with us.
It's truly important receive this feedback in order to improve our service, we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience about the electronic key card system, unfortunately this happened last week and because of the Holiday we werent able to fix it, but this week we'll have it done.

We hope to have you back with us once again,