See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This property is centrally located in downtown Chengdu, set back in a quiet area about 100 yds. from a busy street. From the hotel, it was about a 30 minute ride to the Panda breeding center.

The room was nice, not big, but the beds were comfortable and a little softer than most of the boards we have slept on in China. The room could use refresh, but was otherwise adequate. Our room did not have a safe.

We were supposed to get a non-smoking room, but were given a smoking room instead. We were just too tired to go through hassle of changing, but in hindsight, we should have made the switch. Although the room didn't smell, there were a quite a few burn marks on the carpet and the pillows reeked.

Serviceable wifi was available in the room and lobby with separate passwords for each location.

The breakfast buffet was okay, but contained more Chinese lunch type offerings than breakfast. One disappointment was only machine dispensed coffee was available and it came with milk and sugar included.

Room Tip: Insist upon a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I realised this is a budget hotel but feel very mislead by pictures. Similar to an internet date; excepting to meet a super hot date but on the day you realise the pictures are old/edited.

Hotel staff pleasant. At chek-in you will need to give a ¥100 deposit which is nothing really.

We were then taken to another separate building behind the main front building which looks run down, shown in picture 1 (already felt dodgy).

No elevators and so had to carry suitcases up a flight of stairs. Carpets on corridor stained. Wall pain peeling. Lead in to room, stains continue on carpet, bed rest also stained.

Bathroom was good, hot water and good jet. Also complementary toothbrush.

Complementary bottles of water and tea (don't get me started on tea and coffee in China - weak). No minibar or safe in room.

Mattress on the harder side.
Wi-Fi available in room (hence able to give this review) but does come and go.

Because the building is behind the main building, no street noise.

About 5 minutes walk from metro line.

I only paid £17/night but for simialr price in Xi'an and Juizhago I have stayed in great quality hotels which look and feel clean.

I would not stay here again unfortunately prior to any major refurbishment.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Located in an anonymous part of town.
Staff at reception did not speak a word of English.
The building at the back where the rooms are, were embarrassing - there looked like muff and urine on the carpets, wallpaper peeling off, and generally felt like a cheap highway motel.
Unpleasant dirty feel all round.
Friendly advice - avoid this.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Great clean hotel with good breakfast. Close to night markets and many restaurants. Only spent one night but rooms were spacious as was the hotel. Great little bars to chat and catch up with friends after a long day.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

The room provided to me was not that big but O also payed a budget price, what is ok. So not much problems with the room and staff. However, a big disappointed with the breakfast. I took the hotel almost because They had a breakfast and people told it was good at booking . Com . However, for westerns, is just a joke. There is nothing you can expect as western. The juice is warm and comes from a nestle machine, the bad ones, who mix powder with water and just throw it out. Bread was bad and there was no cheese or hams. Not a cold milk to have with cereals m. The only thing to put on the bread was jam and butter. Big disappointed for me that I just think the I should have taken the holiday inn!!! If you do not have problem with Chinese breakfast is ok, but I had a big disappointment, so I would recommend going to another place with the same price that I am sure you can find!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo