Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Worse hotel i've been to. Firstly, staff barely knows english. All the hotel (including the room) smells like cigarrette. We found hair in the bath when we arrived. We called the lobby for extra shower towels and took 2 hours so i decided to go down personally. In the night i dropped my pillow in the dirty floor so i decided to mark it with a pen in order to see if they changed the blankets and for mu surprise when i came back at night, the same pillow was on my bed. There is no wifi in the room, only in the lobby and is horrible. Also, i went to the lobby so they could do a reservation for a restaurant (it took them 15 minutes to do it) and when we arrive to the restaurant there was no reservation so we needed to wait for 1 hour. A dirty tower was just re-hanged in the bathroom. Worse hotel ever, dont recommend it. Dont waste your time, money or vacations here

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2014

My non smoking room stank of tobacco and even had ashtrays. WiFi only available in the lobby where helpfully there are only fives seats. Bathroom was tired with rotting door frames and there was no hot water. The bed however was fine and the breakfast excellent, although not easy to retain your table when you are solo and its a buffet....

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I arrived at the hotel only to be told that the booking had not been confirmed by Agoda and that there was a difficulty in finding us a room. The reception staff very quickly sorted out the problem and we were given a room. Later it was acknowledged that it had been the hotels mistake and to compensate for the confusion was given free breakfasts. The room allocated was modern, very clean and comfortable in the five star room section.
Maybe due to the arrival incident, or maybe not, but all of the staff were excellent, helping us “novices, without a word of Chinese between us” to get through transport nightmares of finding and buying rail and bus tickets to our next location, no mean feat when no one can understand English. We give 11 out of 10 to all of the hotel staff for their help and understanding.
Breakfast consisted of a large range of Chinese dishes and a few western dishes, most of which we sampled. Food and service was very good.
We had intended to eat at a restaurant in the city, but for various reasons couldn't make it, so we decided to eat in at one of two of the hotel restaurants, again the staff helped us with the selection.
Internet was very stable at about 1 MB/s and was free, so no complaints.
Overall, with excellent staff responses, nice comfortable room, good food, and good internet speed, we would have no hesitation to stay again.

Room tip: Seems that most rooms are comfortable and quiet.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while visiting the Hanging Temple. The foyer is huge with marble floors, walls and columns. Reception was very efficient and friendly. The room was a good size and the marble bathroom was spacious and even had a spa bath and the shower was separate. Tea is provided in the room and when I requested coffee it was immediately sent up. The hotel has several restaurants including a western one and a large indoor pool. Breakfast, whilst mostly Chinese, still had some familiar items, but this is not unusual, as for all I know I may have been the only westerner in the hotel; I certainly didn't see any others.
This really is a nice hotel which deserves its 4* rating.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My mother and me stayed in this lovely hotel whilst visiting my brother, who is a teacher in Datong. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and having a computer was a bonus, as it helped keep in touch with family in England.

The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. Any issues were dealt with in a speedy manner. This was my mothers 3rd visit and the staff remenbered her, which was lovely.

The only downside was the tea served at breakfast. Considering it was China the tea was not wonderful, it was usually stewed and too many tea leaves to make it drinkable. Luckily we had a kettle in the room, so bought tea in Supermarket opposite hotel.

Datong is a wonderful city and this hotel was an ideal location from which to explore.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Datong

Date of stay: May 2014