Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2019

Oh dear, this hotel is not 'Grand' and is dated and needs updating. We couldn't run a bath as there was no hot water, carpets in the bedrooms were stained, room lighting was very poor, breakfast was 90% oriental selection and very little for westerners. We only stayed for one night as we were on a private trip visiting the Yungang Caves and Huayan Temple,so whilst it was well located, it wasn't our favourite or best hotel on our autumn tour of China. This hotel really does need some money investing in it.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We found a used bandaid in our room and hair in our bathtub and a used ear swab in our daughters' room. Swimming pool is OK, but you would not want to use the changing room - looking seriously undermaintained and dirty.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Maria K
Reviewed 19 July 2018

My profile shows that I travel a lot and my ratings are credible. Here I write about one of my worst and most incredible experiences. I booked a deluxe suite in this hotel and informed about my arrival at midnight. The second night, a standard room was already booked, because we travelled with a group. We reach the place at 11.55pm and my goal was to take a bath and go to bed. The reception took 40 mins to find the booking and proposed me a room on 5th floor. I informed the receptionist that I booked a deluxe suite and not a room and these are on higher floors only. After another 20 minutes, he gave me the key of 622. I lost another 20 mins, because again, it was a room and not the deluxe suite I booked. Then I got 702, it was a suite. Immediately, I prepare the bath and discover that there is no hot water. only cold. The staff disturbed me until 2,30 in the night to fix the issue! In the morning, we go to the breakfast at 9.06am, there was nothing to eat. See picts. I talked to the manager and proposed her to offer me the night for free to compensate this disaster, and to let me keep the suite another night without asking me to pay for an upgrade. The day after, we want to take shower before leaving, and again, no hot water, and also we detect that the water is disgusting in this hotel. See picts. How you would take a shower? At the checkout, I expected the approval for the free night, but they could not reach the manager, and they refuse to refund my deposit! Finally, I contacted the headquarter (Holiday Inn) and they explained me that this hotel is not a Holiday Inn. They just fool the customers by using the name ILLEGALLY! I'll open a claim against them now. Definitely don't chose this hotel. Last but not least, if you use the message "Do not disturb", they come to your room anyway, probably the staff does not speak English.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SC7701
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Do not stay at this hotel. It is dirty, musty and rundown. My pet peeve is to have to change rooms once I check in and I basically never do it. At this hotel I grudgingly accepted the 4th room I was shown.
The staff did not seem at all surprised with my request to move so I guess they are quite aware of the problems at this property.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

After 4 weeks in China and good hotels all the way we were given a reality check here. From the road it looks grand. A beautiful garden and statutes out front. We entered our room to find dirty carpet and chairs, a mouldy bathroom that made you feel sick and plugs, jug and safe not working. To their credit we got a new jug the next day but no safe. Try to room service. You will be waiting. Very little English spoken but once you get the message across no ice for the room.
Aside from this the hotel is well situated to the old city. The hotel has lost its grandeur.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeatherLeeNewZealand