Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
US$74
Hotels.comUS$75
eDreamsUS$75
TravelocityUS$75
All reviews beer festival diamond member the executive lounge lobby bar chinese restaurant china seaside
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

The rooms are tired and a little musty. It’s a necessity to indicate you want a non-smoking room!! Even though I asked, they first put us in smoking. The manager was lovely and recommended we go to the exec lounge for breakfast instead of fighting the mob scene at the buffet. Location is terrific!! The pool was a disappointment - the hotel has over 400 rooms and they literally have 10 lounge chairs?!?! 10!! So it’s wasn’t surprising when I came out of the pool to find a couple of women sitting all over my possessions, but it was extremely frustrating. We are on vacation and want to lounge by the pool, but it’s impossible with 10 chairs. And they require you to wear a swim cap, like that makes a difference for cleanliness. No foreigners have swim caps on vacation!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carrie Dong, Other at Hilton Qingdao Golden Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Dear mcolt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We apologize for the peculiar smell during your stay, and we are also sorry for failing to provide you with a satisfactory quality service and convenient facilities. Regarding your feedback on the outdoor swimming pool, we have shared it with the fitness center, and will focus on these issues in our daily operations, and try our best to provide guests with a high-quality swimming experience. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused to you by the hotel facilities, we will definitely improve, and hope you can give us an opportunity to improve and let you feel our progress.
It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming your return again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2021

The location for this hotel is great, just located beside the beach. And the main venue for the international beer festival is also in front of the hotel. What a fantastic location.
Many of the hotel rooms have a good view of the seaside, and you will find a nice balcony in your room. By using this balcony, you will easily put yourself into the holiday model, just relax and forget every annoying thing.
If your room does not have a sea view, then is better for you to pay a little bit extra to get the club lounge access. Is worth paying for it. The lounge is very nice, the view is good, the food and beverage service is really nice, is one of the best club lounges you can find in Qingdao. There are at least 3 different kinds of cakes and fruits offered during the afternoon tea time. As for the happy hour, is like a small buffet, you have a lot of choices. And the taste is good.
I want to appreciate Lolita Liu and all the rest team member from the club lounge, they provided me with wonderful service during my stay in the Hilton Qingdao Golden Beach. I can't wait to meet them again in the coming future.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

If you are visiting Qingdao and want beach access, the Hyatt is a far better option and much closer to the other tourist sites. Huangdao is quite far from everything else in the city. And the quality of service here is not five star. There weren't any glaringly huge issues during our stay but it was clear that the staff aren't really properly trained to five star standards. For example we had stacked a couple of dirty dishes on our table during the breakfast buffet, with the top plate still having a few bites of food left on it. The server put that plate back on our table, thereby getting ketchup all over the tablecloth from the plate beneath it. Also the outside pool hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. Found several tiny dead frogs floating in the water.

The food is acceptable, I suppose. We had dinner at the lounge every night and if you're not fussed it's not too bad. Don't expect anything amazing.

If you HAVE to be in Huangdao this hotel might be your best option, but otherwise I would not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

The hotel looks nice, but is comparable to a 3-star hotel. I was going to Qingdao for a week, but decided to only book the hotel for 2 nights, just to see if the location was what I wanted. Location was not the reason I decided not to extend my stay. The facilities are dirty and even when it’s been reported, nothing changed. I spent extra to be upgraded to the executive floor and have access to the lounge. During afternoon tea I was told I was not on “the list” and couldn’t stay. I politely explained I was, showed her my confirmation/reservation and sat down, but her constant checking on me, combined with the screaming children and quick disappearance of food (thanks to said children) made me extremely uncomfortable, so I left. The pool has one small entrance and since it’s constantly filled with parents and splashing children (lifeguard/staff just sat and watched) it was impossible to enter without becoming drenched and shoved. The same dead cicadas were there, in the same place, both days I attempted to visit, as were the same cigarette butts and ashes around the pool. I arrived at breakfast 30 minutes before it ended on my first day and not only was every table dirty, but there was almost no food, and every part of the buffets lines was filthy. Dropped food, spilled sauces, dirty places were mixed among the empty (or nearly empty) serving dishes. I understand it was late, but the advertised ending time was still 30 minutes away. I spoke to duty manager, Barbara, who thanked me for my comments and offered an upgraded room. I declined - my room was quite large and I had already decided not to stay, so it wasn’t worth the hassle of moving for one night. Also, I didn’t report the mess hoping for compensation, but because I wanted the hotel to be nice - I used to be a Diamond Honors member and some small shred of brand loyalty survived (definitely past tense now). I went to breakfast the next morning much earlier, but found the same situation (except dirty tables - this time, most of the dirty dishes were left at the buffet, along side the food... gross!) Undoubtedly my room was nice - large, clean, with a great tub and shower. But DEFINITELY not worth the price, especially after looking at other places very close by. The absolute highlight of this hotel is housekeeping! The woman responsible for my hall spoke English to me and was so kind and friendly! She saw me in the hall and asked if she could help with laundry or anything else. She made an effort to speak with me and show her hospitality. I wish I had gotten her name!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank amylondon222
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

I am a Diamond member and have stayed at many properties around China. My family joined me for a trip to Qingdao. Unfortunately I don’t think we will return. It was quite an expensive rate, and while the free upgrade was appreciated, the experience was only so-so. The biggest disappointment was the quality of the food and service at breakfast. There are very limited options and the overall quality was just okay, not great. Compared to other Hilton properties in China breakfast was a let down. My diamond status only covered myself and a guest for breakfast. It was a big disappointment to be paying over 150rmb/person for my guests with just okay quality. We bailed on breakfast on Sunday because they seem to be quite understaffed as there is a massive line out the door. We wanted to do the dinner BBQ after seeing it, but was informed it was already sold out and nobody informed me to purchase ahead of time at check in. The executive lounge was nice for happy hour (great food and drinks), but they locked it for the rest of the day! I could not go there to get work done.

What we did not realize is how far away from the beach this property is. Shame on us, but for this price, we expected a lot more. It is nearly a 2km walk to the beach and you have to cross a busy street and parking area. There is no shuttle. There is no private beach and the public beach is quite busy and there are lots of touts who ask multiple times if you want a scam price umbrella or boat ride.

The rooms were spacious, clean, and you could see the beach in the very far distance. For a room, you will be quite happy but you can find similar rooms for far less in the area.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carrie Dong, Other at Hilton Qingdao Golden Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Dear Benjaminchodroff,

Thank you kindly for taking your time to write such a valuable review in details about your recent stay with us and thank you for choosing Hilton Qingdao Golden Beach.

It is so happy for receiving your positive reviews about our Executive Lounge and Rooms; at the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience which have marred your experience and perception in us as you mentioned above. Your valuable feedback motivates us to modify our service to deliver the expectation staying experience for our guest. As recieved your feedback, we have shared your comments with our related departments for further follow up.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity and look forward to welcome you back for you to experience improved services.

Best regards,