“CLOSED”

Sitting Bull Ribs & Beer
Ranked #108 of 1,111 Restaurants in Qingdao
Cuisines: American, German, Israeli
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

This location is closed. Do not waste your time coming here because there is no longer any place to eat. Phone numbers all over the outside advertising a place to rent.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I went for half price ribs. The food was great, but they took forever. I would go back again. The Cornbread was amazing however. The only restaurant in town, that I know of that offers cornbread on the menu. The atmosphere was nice, but with so many other choices so close, I rarely choose Sitting Bull. It's definitely worth a visit though.

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

Very attractive place
With nice ambiente sound. The staff very promp to serve and the food arrive in minutes. Delicious soup and beef Sandwich.
In the end of the meal they offered a nice express coffee. Prices around 76 RBM. Good for whom want a Take a light meal.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I like the general southern US bar-feeling and decor in Sitting Bull, and the music as well. However, that's as far as it goes. I went there for the food and was told it had excellent ribs, but I was sadly disappointed for the following reasons:

Firstly, the ribs portion was very small. Much smaller than in the US or central Europe. While they were very tender, they didn't seem to be BBQed at all. The meat was rather insipid and there was no texture. While I couldn't be sure, I felt they had been perhaps par-boiled before hand, and then seemingly undercooked. While this on it's own isn't that bad, the sauces we tried were. They overwhelmed the taste of the ribs (which actually wan't difficult) and were certainly added after the ribs were cooked rather than being marinated properly before hand. Bad sauce which tasted as if someone with no taste had designed them (or more likely, they'd come out of a catering pack). If you like that general Chinese idea of adding pepper to water and passing it off as a pepper sauce then you won't appreciate what I'm saying. If the thought disgusts you, then you'll appreciate haw the sauces felt to all of us.

While I understand that foreigners in China may look at any port in a storm as being acceptable and this may excuse their high ratings, it may also be that they've never had good ribs before, I don't know. Maybe we had a bad day's ribs. Let me know ...

1  Thank Marhow
Reviewed 17 March 2015

A wide range of sauces on the slowest roasted ribs - very delicious. Central location in the city. Very high quality western food in Qingdao - very close to other western restaurants - consistently good food.