Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This wonderful residence cancelled my second stay without any notice. There was am economic forum going on and the property just gave my confirmed reservation away. On the way to the property we called ahead to say we were otw to check in. They told us on the phone that my confirmed reservation was cancelled. I had to find an alternative hotel. This is where it gets really good. My friend called around and found a room. This was at the Qingdao Garden Hotel. Its right next door to the Seaview Garden Hotel where we staid in January. Ji Ping was staying at the Seaview Garden Hotel at the time. There were more security people around than locals. Businesses were closed, bars were closed. Roads were closed. Niteclubs were closed. Total over reaction!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Our room was on floor 34 with a wonderful view towards Laoshan and the coast around the Marina. The skyscraper light show at night was pretty amazing.
The room itself was great, stylish bathroom, comfortable bed. We didn't use it but there is a kitchenette and even a washing machine.
The floor 24 pool is very good and also had photogenic views. It's free for hotel guests but you need a cap. There is also a sauna.
Well located near Carrefour on Hong Kong Road, close to the coast and line 3 Wusi Square metro stop

Room tip: The higher the floor the better the view. We had floor 34
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We supposed to book for 2nights but after seeing the room we decided to stay only for a night. The room is dark, depressing, the bathroom floor and walls are very dirty and rusty. Once you enter the elevator there’s a smell that you can’t imagine and also the room is very smelly. The hotel staff are not friendly and will give you a bad vibes. I don’t recommend this terrible place and will never go back again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We booked the executive suite room that was on the 39th floor. We had an amazing view, especially in the bathroom where our tub was. It was amazing to come back and just relax in the tub and enjoy the night view after a long day of exploring. Our rooms were clean and the bed and pillows were perfect for me. The cleaning staff were super friendly and gave us new toothbrushes, vanity kits etc. everyday. The breakfast at the hotel was also very good!

Unfortunately, most of the staff don't speak English very well. I've probably only met 2 staff members who could speak English during the 4 days I was there. And if you plan on using the swimming pool, make sure you bring or buy a swimming cap. You can also buy one at the hotel for 40RMB. But you are not allowed to swim without one!

The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk to the May 4th Square, where you can also get a nice shot of the skyline. On the opposite side, there is a Carrefour (supermarket) where you can get bubble tea, shop for snacks or have a quick lunch (there are small restaurants inside on the first floor). If you're feeling a little more adventurous and want a bigger meal, there is a "food street" (Yun Xiao Food Street) on the next road after you pass Carrefour. They are mostly seafood restaurants where you order by picking from the picture menu on the wall, before being seated.

We decided to take the taxi during this whole trip as its pretty inexpensive in China. Just for reference, it cost us 110RMB, which is about $22CAD, from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. To get to Badaguan or Zhan Bridge from the hotel, it costs less than 25RMB, which is roughly $5CAD.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed. Lousy location location in a ghost town. The only thing is the Carrefour opposite which is still a good 10mins walk away. I was really surprised by the reviews in terms of locations cos it's not walking distance to anywhere.

Service wise is so so. I was misinformed as I was told and confirmed by hotel that they have and had arranged for connecting rooms prior to our stay but in actual fact they do not have and have only put us in rooms that were next to each other. This is obviously not connecting rooms and i was told to pay for suit rooms if i really wanted it. I felt cheated as this was an important factor for consideration when I first made the booking as I have elder mother and young child travelling with me. When I requested for a refund of 1 room (as the one room was left empty), they rejected. I will be making a case through agoda on this.

Date of stay: April 2018