“Tasty food with a wide range”
Review of Jenny's Cafe

Jenny's Cafe
Ranked #31 of 873 Restaurants in Jinan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very delicous in Jenny s Cafe are Burgers and the Tuna Salad. It is also one the rare places, where you get Lasagne. The atmosphere is really comfortable and there is a smoking and non-smoking area. The location is quite central and it can be a good start for a night out or a lazy afternoon dinner. I went there several times and would recommend it to everyone.

Date of visit: January 2014

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Jinan for an extended period of time and decided I needed a break from Chinese food for a night. So, I ventured out and found Jenny's. The good news is that it is a cute little place with good cold beer, and the food is pretty good. The bad news is that it's not the expat-friendly place I was hoping for. Even though my Chinese is decent, I was treated with ambivalence, and I would agree with others that the service is not very good at all. It's also a bit pricey.
If you're looking for western food in Jinan, there are definitely other options.

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank tiebee
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I cannot understand the good ratings
I had fish and chips today, it was quite difficult to find the fish between the fries which were, by the way, not crispy but limp. That is surprising after waiting about 20 min although the restaurant was practically empty.
Maybe my problem was that I wanted to eat what I ordered... Because first they prepared something different, but I insisted on my order. Shame on me! So I waited 20 min for the wrong meal, then I waited another 20 min for what I wanted. In the meantime my friend got her Seafood Curry and her icecream, which she wanted to have AFTER the Curry.
So in the end she had to drink her molten ice cream why I was having french fries with three very little pieces of fish covered in lots of dough.
Resumee: the food was absolutely not worth the price! The service was terrible!
In addition nobody was asking me if I wanted another beer. We were sitting outside, nobody showed up to see if we wanted to order something.

Date of visit: August 2013
3  Thank Oliver G
Reviewed 12 April 2013

A great western-style restaurant. We went for a family dinner and are very glad we did.

Lasagne was eye-pleasing as well as moist, al dente and flavorful.

Bacon cheeseburger was huge, perfectly cooked, with high quality meat.

Fish and chips was a thrill--fresh fish that had real flavor!

The sweet potato and tomato soup was divine--creamy, flavorful and plentiful.

The banana milk shake was perfect--fruit flavored but not overly sweet.

Desserts were disappointing--marble cheesecake had a pleasant cheese filling but it was served on an overly-thick, soft crust. The walnut pie with vanilla ice cream was good, not great.

All in all...a fine meal and wonderful dining experience for homesick westerners and worldly Chinese.

Date of visit: April 2013
1  Thank garagestudio
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Usually it is very good in Jenny's. With a menu that consists of some Western favourites and a variety of Asian dishes, the menu covers most of the easy faves that most expats have. It can be a bit on the expensive side and I usually consider it a treat to myself when I eat there. Most of the time I have the beef burger with bacon and nachos as a starter. That is when I go with a colleague. If it is only me, then it is often one of the pasta dishes, like Fettucine Alfredo or the Carbonara.

Next door to Umart (which carries a variety of Western foods), it does have a nice decor and atmosphere and often has Western videos and TV programmes on.

Date of visit: February 2013

Been to Jenny's Cafe? Share your experiences!