All reviews star fish market bowling alley kids club haitang bay starfish market private beach breakfast buffet lagoon pool f b huge hotel hotel guests nice beach lobby lounge chinese food cade marriott swimming
Reviewed 24 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nites in this resort. Did not expect much initially as I had been residing in China for the last 10 yrs.
And the service was a real surprise to me .

The moment we arrived at the hotel ,we were greeted with smiles and the check in was a breeze.

We had 2 adjorning rooms with pool access,very private. The rooms are clean and the bed is soft ,real soft.

This resort have the largest pool in the China and it is massive! Though it is only 1.2m deep , it really doesn't matter becoz we are here to soak in the sun n relax.

Not only that, the beach is clean and most important peaceful.
The beauty of it all ,it is really serene and quiet ,that is what we love about it.

The view is awesome at nite and it definitely take your breath away.

The resort staff are very friendly and we were really surprised by the service, one word excellent!!

The breakfast buffet spread is quite good has quite a selection but taste is pretty average.

Finally, we really totally enjoyed our stay, it is the excellent service from the staff all round that make a wonderful vacation for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2014

The spectacular service started with the informative check in that one of the hotel staff led (name-Candace?). She gave my mom tips on how to save money while still enjoying great food when out in downtown Sanya because Sanya is notorious for being expensive. We felt that the staff at the resort really cared about our stay because we were occasionally asked if everything was good and whether there could be any improvements? A chef even asked us if we were enjoying our stay. This showed that they really wanted to achieve excellence in providing great service. One thing that could have been improved was our interaction with the staff at the shop next to the candy bar. I went in there to purchase trunks and goggles. They were expensive but I understood why. We were told that we couldn't charge it to the room so my mom had to get more money from our room. I thought it was quite strange that one of them wanted to follow my mom up to her room so that she could receive the money. Other than that hiccup, I thought it was a very well trained set of staff that understood how to strive for excellence.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Billy L
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights. I really had a wonderful time. Very warm welcome with lovely staffs. I would say all staffs really had good service-mind which I didn't expect that much from Hotel in China. They provided me with excellent service. One of another best thing of this hotel is the atmosphere, it's very beautiful view. I love taking picture, there are lots of beautiful scenery. So, this is the place for me. Also, they have huge swimming pool and beach. The room is clean and nice as 5 star standard. I definitely will come back again!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2014

We arrived by night - it's a 140RMB taxi ride from the airport. The welcome was warm and quick.
I love to swim - and the lagoon here certainly kept me busy for the 3 days we stayed here. Our Lagoon Room opened, as you'd expect, on to a small pool, shared with other rooms down the front of the hotel. Beyond that what seemed like acres and acres of the larger, common pool. Every morning, I did a full circuit - taking in every nook and cranny - I reckon that doing the full circumference was probably around 800m. Along the way, I encountered spa pools, a water bar - complete with submerged stools and tables - a lap swimming area, frangipani trees, bridges. Beyond the pool, past hammocks, a grass football area and a volleyball net, the beach is very well maintained - clean and with a lifeguard by day.
We ate room service once - and I'd definitely recommend the kitchen's take on Hainan Chicken ... absolutely delicious broth, mmmm.
Breakfast was excellent - eat well here and you'll be able to skip lunch - fresh squeezed juices, a great bakery, a soup area, usual Chinese selection ...
There's not much to do in the area - so if you want to get more of a Sanya experience, and you have a Chinese driving license, then the concierge will help you rent a car (we used Shen Zhou Zu Che who had cars in the hotel garage, but you might be better sorting it out at the airport). The local highways are very empty and if you go off road, you'll get a sense of the old, traditional Hainan ways...
All up, a wonderful break..

Room Tip: The Lagoon room was a wonderful choice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Renaissancesanya, Manager at Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa as well as leaving us this valuable comments.
We are very glad to hear your great compliments on the swimming pool as well as our food and beverage offers.
In addition, we highly recommend you to discover the plentiful resort activities, R-cade offering various indoor activites from play station, X-box, PSP, WII, to table tennis, foosball, snooker, bowling. We also have a small theatre there.
You're very much welcomed back to discover more here for your next stay.
Thank you again for your nice comments.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. I was not expecting a lot when we booked this hotel, as China's 5 star standard can be very different from the rest of the world. To my surprise, this hotel not only provided a serene and beautiful atmosphere, it also provided us with excellent service.

We took the hotel shuttle to the hotel. Shuttle time provided below. The ride was a bit slower than taking a taxi due to a stop in Downtown Sanya.

Checking in / Rooms

When we got to the hotel, they greeted us with a welcome drink (it kind of tasted more like a welcome water). The check-in was very fast and they upgraded our room for free. We stayed in Tower D, which is closer to the beach and the pool. This hotel is very large, if you want to be closer to the lobby/restaurants, pick towers A or C.

We had a Deluxe King size Ocean View room with a Balcony. The rooms are very spacious with a large bath.

Breakfast Buffet

The buffet is good. There is a huge variety of food from western breakfast to a noodle and congee bar. Although there is a huge variety, the quality of the food is just average. They also serve all kinds of eggs (which are not out on display), you have to order it from the server.

Activities

I have been to Sanya before and previously I have felt like as soon as you leave the resort, you will step into a tourist trap. This time, we decided pick a resort that is both relaxing and fun so we didn't have to leave the resort.

The pool at this resort will keep you occupied most of the time. The size of the pool is massive. The resort also offers an arcade with pool tables and a bowling ally. There are also private sections for you to play PS3 and WII.

There are lots of hammocks and beach beds for you to lounge on. Bring a bottle of wine and chill by the beach!

The service at this hotel really surprised me. Check out time was 12pm, however, as the staff knew our flight was in the evening, they gave us the hotel room until 6pm. The staff's English is not perfect, but you are in China (please remember that English is NOT an official language) and the staff is trying very hard, so it is not fair to give them a hard time because of that.

Extra tips

The resort is isolated. There aren't a lot of stores to pick up snacks or drinks. However, there is a restaurant by the hotel called Seafood Booth (on the beach) where you can pick up cheap drinks and snacks. For example, a coke costs RMB25 in the hotel, however at this place it costs only RMB5. You can also get a fresh coconut there also.

The only issue I have with this hotel is that it does not have wifi inside the rooms. There is an extra charge for it. Most hotels I have stayed provided wifi for their hotels guests. However, there is wifi in public areas (not including the pool).

Overall this is an excellent hotel and we will definitely come back for more weekend getaways!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple