2,362 results
All reviewsclub levelladies and gentlemenyalong baydeep impressionsands restaurantchinese restaurantlounge staffclub lounge accessgarden villaocean viewour entire staylate checkoutfirst morninghotel is greatpersonalized serviceperfect stayspecial thanks
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My 18 year old daughter and I had 3 relaxing nights away here from the hustle and bustle in Hong Kong. The hotel was top class and the staff were more than happy to assist when needed. In particular, Frankie was very helpful to us. He spoke English very well and as we didn’t speak Mandarin, this was very helpful with having our needs understood and attended to with enthusiasm and in a professional manner.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018

While there are almost hundreds of options for accommodation in Sanya, what really sets the ‘exceptional’ apart from the rest simply comes down to service, and this is precisely why The Ritz Carlton, Sanya, is the exception.

My partner and I stayed here for two 6 nights in a Garden Room Villa.

Both the exterior and interior of the hotel harks back to traditional elements of Chinese architecture (think timber, symmetrical layouts, upturned roofs, etc.) and it is seen throughout the entire resort, including the Garden Villa.

Tucked away from the rest of the resort in a secluded cul-de-sac, the Garden Villa is incredibly private, and set against (as the name would suggest) lush green gardens and forestry. Make sure you take it all in as you walk, or more preferably; use the complimentary golf cart service available to Villa guests only. The Villa itself was extremely spacious, including a generously sized walk-in wardrobe, an unbelievably grand and sumptuous bathroom with all the luxurious trimmings, and a bedroom only fit for a king and queen (and this includes the lavish bed and linen). The Villa then opens up to a large deck, showcasing the outdoor pool, pergola set above a seating area, and of course, the garden with hibiscus and an array of fauna growing. The outdoor area sets the perfect scene for a days (rain or shine) swimming, reading, and a glass or two of champagne as you let any sense of worry completely melt away.

As I mentioned above, the service at the Ritz Carlton is truly next to nothing. Staff taking the ‘extra’ step is completely the norm, and ‘going over and beyond’ seems to be standard here, and this level of service was echoed throughout our entire stay.

This was exemplified in a couple of initial hiccups (if you will) that we experienced in the first day of arriving. Whilst there was a minor issue with our first Villa (which was only mentioned in passing), Yoomee Zhang, Villa Manager, was quick to arrange not only one, but two alternative villas for viewing, and within a matter of an hour or so, we were whisked to our new Villa (all done so with a smile on Yoomee’s face).

I would like to mention Randy Li (Duty Manager), Derek from the Fitness Centre, Michael from Front Desk, and Mark from the Club Lounge. These individuals were of particularly standout in their service; the embodiment of what we felt The Ritz Carlton truly is.

Other mentionable highlights:

- The Club Lounge: whilst we only use this for our final 2 days, our only regret is that we wished we had used it for our entire stay! Think appetising Hors d'oeuvre and canapés, a generous selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a view across the entire resort that will really demonstrate the grandeur of this magnificent hotel.

- Breakfast Buffet: Western, Japanese and Chinese cuisine, stretched out as far as the eye can see. Sample the Pho, range of fruit juices, and the freshly caught coconuts that are ready to drink from.

- The Sauna: All you need is 30 minutes and you’ll come of the steam room and/or sauna feeling like you’re floating on cloud nine.

There really is no further praise I can give to the Ritz Carlton and its brilliant team. By considering this as your first (and only option), you’re only half way to making a decision that you’ll never regret.

Room Tip: Garden Villa is an exceptional choice
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018

This hotel has the beach next to it and you can walk along it and whilst we were there it as really empty. We stayed two nights and it was great for us just to swim and relax since there is not much to do nearby.

We were there for our 15th wedding anniversary and the staff made us very welcome on the first day e.g. wine, chocolates, bouquet of flower, BBQ table away from the main seating; all in all a wonderful hotel with excellent staff all round. We would happily return one day with friends!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I asked if there is anything available at the Italian restaurant that is gluten free. There are several gluten free items on the menu, and the nicest host, Lisa, told me that Chef Hans would even make something special just for me. And it was AMAZING!!!!! He made gluten free bread that truly was the best bread I’ve ever had. And he made pasta for me that I can only try to tell you how tasty and delicious it was. This place is so very courteous helpful. So much heart goes into the food, and you can feel it. Thank you Chef Hans!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This was our first trip to Sanya and I feel like I completely lucked out choosing to stay at the Ritz Carlton. Yes the resort is not the newest in the area, but the service has been above and beyond anything I expected. We stayed in two types of rooms. The Two Bedroom Ocean Front Villa with our extended family (grand parents) and then moved to the Lagoon Room by ourselves to finish off the vacation.

We had a warm reception upon arrival before the villa butlers took us on a buggy ride to our villa. The butlers here go above and beyond for their guests. I prefer the service here over those even in Phuket’s Aman or Banyan Tree!
Extra praise to our Butler Jerry for going above and beyond making sure I was taken care of even after moving out of the villas to a regular lagoon room.

I must say bravo to the Managing Director and the entire staff at this hotel. Everyone from the butler, to the waitress and house keeping were attentive, warm, and friendly. They truly want to make sure you are having a great time. Your family will be well taken care of.

Downside, property upgrade currently happening. Some construction. It’s a big hotel with a lot of rooms. Can be a bit of a walk to get from room to lobby/breakfast/pool etc.

Don’t hesitate to book this hotel for a great family vacation. The Ritz Kids, kids club entertained my children with DIY option for hours.

We can’t wait to visit again. Hopefully to try out their new upgraded rooms!

Room Tip: Splurge for a Villa
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family