“Best Italian Experience I've had in Asia”
Review of Il Bel Paese

Il Bel Paese
Ranked #7 of 343 Restaurants in Zhongshan
Reviewed 13 January 2016

This was my first time eating out in Zhongshan and I will definitely return. What you notice about Il Bel Paese upon entering is the lovely decor and design that makes you feel at home in a nice Italian village.

The service is attentive and the host/owner Simone is incredibly warm, friendly and knowledgeable.

We tried a range of dishes and everything was 5 star, the starters, the fish, pasta, pizza, and steak. They were all cooked well, delivered quickly, but most of all they tasted fresh and seasoned perfectly.

I can recommend this restaurant to anybody and I look forward to returning there soon.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank ZhuhaiMark

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Enjoyed a diner of authentic Italian food with friends from zhuhai and the best of hospitality . Conveniently located in the centre of Zhongshan and immediately opposite the ibis hotel where I stayed . Planning to return to savour the Italian delights this winter . Highly recommended

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Nice place, good food, excellent wine. The best combination you will ever experience at Zhongshan. Especially the secret grandma meatball recipe

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Somewhat against the odds, there is a truly excellent and authentic Italian restaurant in Zhongshan - Il Bel Paese.
The food was very delicious cooked with fresh and high quality ingredients and we'd go back for the food alone anytime. The experience, however, was topped by the owner's incredible hospitality. He was very generous offering a free topping of the most excellent truffle oil and many many glasses of his home-made Orangecello. He truly made his guests feel home.

2  Thank OssiHK
Reviewed 26 December 2015

This is the 2nd time we returned to Zhongshan. It was Xmas day and it was crystal clear that we would go to Il Bel Paese.
The restaurant is located just 2 mins walk from the Zhongshan Sheraton hotel.
The first time we got here we didn't know what to expect. Coming from Continental Europe I sometimes have the snobbish attitude that Italian food in Asia just doesn't get it right, which means fresh, simple but high-quality ingredients at a reasonable price and the genuine Italian ambiente. I was taught otherwise at Il Bel Paese.
Simone, with 20 years experience in Italian cuisine, and his wife Monica are running the place. The food is just the way I love it as described above. But the best thing about this place are Simone and Monica themselves: they will brighten up your evening with the warmest Italian humor and make you feel like family.
One goodie you should not miss: they have the world's best home-made ORANCELLO, which I love so much that Simone gave us a whole bottle for free as a Xmas gift, after he'd filled us up with 5-6 shots each on the house already!!!
Keep up this fabulous franchise Simone & Monica, we hope to see you again soon!

5  Thank Swissbanana