All reviews italian restaurant the executive lounge top floor location is great southern china food quality business trip definitely stay here again bed was very comfortable many choices very nice hotel nice view air condition breakfast buffet nice room hong kong shopping
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Check in was fine although I had to tell the receptionist that there was a parcel waiting for me and it then took a while for them to find it.

Room was great - no complaints about the room.

Minor gripe about the cleaning. Only seemed to take the empty cans away every other day.

Laundry service very efficient.

Car service very disappointing. We booked a hotel car to leave at 0700. At 0700 we walked out to see our car with the hotel driver in it - he then drove off without us! The hotel then went to put us in a different car (same make and model) before saying it wasn't our car. We then had to wait for the original car to come back. we left 15 minutes late. The driver didn't know where he was going and had no sat-nav so we had to direct him using our mobile phones.

The lifts were pot luck. Despite there being plenty of lifts there were a couple of times when we were waiting for between 5-10 minutes for a lift!

We ate in the various restaurants every night.

The Japanese restarurant was good but they didn't seem to know what to do with a party of nine. In the end we ended up in a private room.

The italian restaurant was very nice and the sommelier very helpful.

The cantonese restaurant was appalling. They appeared to have run out of almost everything. Did not have many chicken dishes. Didn't speak any English (this was actually a common problem in a lot of areas of the hotel) and then switched the lights off mid way through our meal (around 2130-2200).

Check-out took forever even though most of the desks were manned. It just seemed to take too long to calculate everyone's bill.

As this hotel was almost 2 hours from our destination, I think next time i will stay closer to the destination.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
HiltonZS, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Many thanks for your review.
I am sorry for all the inconvenience you encountered during your stay in our hotel. I have shared your feedbacks and comments with our operation team as well as hotel management for further improvement.

Please rest assured that we will continue to improve our services to exceed your expectations during future stays. We sincerely invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Zhongshan and explore more of us.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hilton a couple of times and it seems that being a regular guest only makes you the brunt of inexcusable mistakes. One evening neither of my access key cards worked...back down to the ground floor only to get the explanation that my cards were probably too close to my cell - not the case. Then they tell me, while you are here we need to renew your deposit. I understood why they "locked" me out of my room - to get me to come down and renew my deposit.

Then another morning I asked the concierge to send up the bellboy at 7:40 with the luggage cart, to help me bring down some oversized packages...and to avoid having my driver wait.
No luck - had to haul my boxes downstairs - only to get off at the ground floor to see the bellboy rolling the cart ...a solid 15minutes late. On the day of my departure I had to argue with the concierge to get a courtesy car to the ferry terminal (he was offering me a taxi)...this after plunking down almost $7000 in hotel fees.

Impressed - not in the least.
Going to book there again - not in this lifetime.

A couple more incidents: all bedside electrical outlets were nonfunctional ; major dustbunnies behind both nighttables, etc...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
HiltonZS, 客户关系经理 at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Great place, ad amazing staff. Mary and Tito are amazing managers and very accommodating. I stayed there 2 per year for business. My only complaint is the elevators, it seems all of them do not operate at the same time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonZS, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in south China. Location is close to many food options and a huge shopping mall. Quiet room with great views of the city. staff is extremely nice and attentive. Food is well prepared and tastes great. I will be back again!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonZS, 客户关系经理 at Hilton Zhongshan Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your recent stay in Zhongshan and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share with us your comments.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay here and we appreciate that you have raised lots of valuble feedbacks and comments. Please rest assured that we will continue to improve our services to exceed your expectations during future stays.

It is our great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you visit Zhongshan.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Hilton Zhongshan is an excellent hotel no doubt, the Italian restaurant on the 58th Floor is one of the best Italian restaurants in the whole of China... The rooms are spacious and I was put up in a higher floor during this stay, but the only thing that was disappointing was the Internet firewalls, which causes problems connecting to VoIP calling facility via Skype, Facetime or even Whatapp which is strange as most hotels in China have this facility or at least one of the 3 mentioned above.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business