See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel is well situated, close to shopping and for Jewish travelers to Chabad. Unlike most Chinese hotels it always has someone on hand that speaks English. it can very frustrating not to have someone who can help you with your problems. There are 19 floors each with approximately 20 rooms. The rooms, bathrooms, elevators and general hallways are modern and recently decorated. The entrance is not impressive or up the standard of the rest of the hotel which definitely rates 5 stars for the rooms and general service. I reserved a standard room and the air conditioning was not working, so they upgraded me to a deluxe room, which should really rate as a suite. Altogether a much better experience than other 4 - 5 star hotels in Shenzeng, and great value for money..

Room Tip: The regular rooms are on top of a busy junction, the deluxe face the back of the hotel. Ask for a high floor or get a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mmz123
Reviewed 11 October 2013

this hotel is my go to hotel when i am in hong kong for business, close enough to the luohu border and within walking distance. centrally located near shops, metro and malls. hotel staff are very courteous and they recognize me each time i visited, learn to know the floor manager and you will be well taken care of. once it was raining, i called the hotel and they send a car out to pick me up at the luohu border. now who does that?

rooms are very clean and large even by china's standards. staff are very responsive to your needs, price is very reasonable comparing to others around the area.

i stayed at this hotel 2-3 times each year and i highly recommend it! but get to know the staff and floor manager, they will take care of you.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms are on the top floors, just ask for them. get to know the floor manager and staff, you will be well taken care of.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at the New Times Hotel during a recent trip to the Shenzhen area with a group of colleagues.

Checkin was a bit painful. They lost the reservation for one member of our party and refused to honor non-smoking rooms requests until we complained to the manager.

The room was clean and decently furnished. The bed was a bit firm for my taste, but I still got a decent night's sleep.

Breakfast buffet was just OK, and but I can't really complain too much since it was relatively cheap when compared to the buffet at other area hotels.

Internet service was wired only, no WiFi and provided decent bandwidth.

All in all, I would consider this hotel to be a decent and acceptable choice, but not the best in this price range for the Shenzhen area.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is really average in every way. Unless you have business in the Luohu area I would not recommend it and I would only recommend it for business travelers on a budget. There are a couple of really nice hotels in that same area. The style is distinctive Chinese which can be good or bad depending on your taste. None of the staff spoke English apart from the reception. Service was again.... average.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is within walking distance to the Shenzhen railway station and major department stores. The local traffic is always busy due to the proximity to the railway station. We tried to hail a taxi around 6pm and after 5 minutes we gave up and walk to the mall 3 blocks away.

The hotel service is average at best. When I asked if there was WIFI the receptionist told me the lobby coffee shop has it. After browsing through nearly 10 hot spots, I gave up. There does not seem to have any WIFI connection in my room either.

The room is average. I had a room overlooking the main street and I was no bothered by the noise. The room interior seemed dated with a tube television. There was CNN, BBC, HBO and other international channels. Aside from the WIFI issue, everything functioned properly in the room. On couple of occasions, I could hear people talking through the wall from the next room.

The next morning I arrived at the buffet breakfast at a little past 10am. I was told that breakfast was served until 10:30. Well, nearly all the food was gone and the staff was already packing the leftovers. It was very disappointing.

I will most likely try another hotel next time when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business