US$187
US$64
US$151
US$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$107
Shangri-La.com
US$214
US$147
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at the New Times Hotel during a recent trip to the Shenzhen area with a group of colleagues.

Checkin was a bit painful. They lost the reservation for one member of our party and refused to honor non-smoking rooms requests until we complained to the manager.

The room was clean and decently furnished. The bed was a bit firm for my taste, but I still got a decent night's sleep.

Breakfast buffet was just OK, and but I can't really complain too much since it was relatively cheap when compared to the buffet at other area hotels.

Internet service was wired only, no WiFi and provided decent bandwidth.

All in all, I would consider this hotel to be a decent and acceptable choice, but not the best in this price range for the Shenzhen area.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is really average in every way. Unless you have business in the Luohu area I would not recommend it and I would only recommend it for business travelers on a budget. There are a couple of really nice hotels in that same area. The style is distinctive Chinese which can be good or bad depending on your taste. None of the staff spoke English apart from the reception. Service was again.... average.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is within walking distance to the Shenzhen railway station and major department stores. The local traffic is always busy due to the proximity to the railway station. We tried to hail a taxi around 6pm and after 5 minutes we gave up and walk to the mall 3 blocks away.

The hotel service is average at best. When I asked if there was WIFI the receptionist told me the lobby coffee shop has it. After browsing through nearly 10 hot spots, I gave up. There does not seem to have any WIFI connection in my room either.

The room is average. I had a room overlooking the main street and I was no bothered by the noise. The room interior seemed dated with a tube television. There was CNN, BBC, HBO and other international channels. Aside from the WIFI issue, everything functioned properly in the room. On couple of occasions, I could hear people talking through the wall from the next room.

The next morning I arrived at the buffet breakfast at a little past 10am. I was told that breakfast was served until 10:30. Well, nearly all the food was gone and the staff was already packing the leftovers. It was very disappointing.

I will most likely try another hotel next time when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2012

very good hotel..well managed and good service...well behaved staff....nice location............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Very good location, at the center near shopping malls, close to the border check point.
Big room and furnish with all necessary amenities,
TV set is still CRT but not LCD.
the hotel fail when he provide only one breakfast for a room for two and charge 38RMB for 2nd one.
At the front desk they claim that for that price of room (80US$) additional breakfast will cause them lose :(
What a pity.