1,825 results
All reviews spanish theme pirate ship galleon bar brazilian restaurant real sand el chino outdoor pool the club lounge huge hotel theme park rooms are huge splendid china business trip great facilities special thanks happy valley beautiful hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It has everything one would expect for this quality of hotel, excellent service and excellent facilities, with a slightly bizarre Spanish theme, that is a little hard to believe.
The best are the breakfast, outdoor swimming pool and the gym.

Room Tip: Great outdoor swimming pool
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Shenzhen and give us positive comments in your feedback! In order to bring exotic atmosphere to our guest, we used the bull as Spanish spirit logo and classic theme color in all designs of hotel. It's also glad to hear that you love our breakfast, facilities and services. We hope to welcome you back not far in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Oh dear, expected so much more after great experiences at other Intercontinental hotels, and especially as we had just been in the Hong Kong hotel the day before.

We arrived after a long day with 7 rooms booked and confirmed... Evidently not, as there were no rings for us...

Next ensured 2 hours wasted time trying to sort the issue... It was painful, made wise when we were told to have a drink on the house in the bar, to them be given a limited list to choose from??? And they had no Vodka??? Very poor.

Eventually we are out in serviced apartments 2 to a room... We didn't fight this as were all tired...

They need to sort their act out. These things happen, but it's how you deal with them that matters.

I've also asked 3 times for my IHG points to be added, and this has still not been done ...

Will not be back.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your support of InterContinental brand and we appreciate you for sharing your recent experience with us which will definitely help us in making better improvements and corrections.
We feel truly sorry for the check-in inconvenience that has cost you that day. Our investigation concluded an unexpected system glitch that caused this uncomfortable situation and we have put measures in place to prevent this from happening again. We do agree that proper problem handling the most important part to improve our guest overall experience. Your IHG points mentioned in review are now in progress so please rest assure that we do everything present a better imagine of our hotel to you and still hope that we can have you back.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do look forward to have you back in InterContinental Shenzhen not far in the future so we can provide you a true hospitality and brand new experience. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights, and was my first trip to this hotel (I’m an IHG spire ambassador so have much experience with other IHG properties), and this stands out as the worst managed property I have visited (of IHG or any chain, except maybe a $5 / night beach shack).
The property is impressive (if completely bizarre, but that’s personal taste!).

Staff: they all seemed keen to help but as if this was all of their first day on the job. A waitress who didn’t know how to open a bottle of wine, a bell boy who couldn’t find my room, a cleaner who would not accept me not wanting my room cleaned (interrupted a business call 3 times).

Management: I had three issues (2 around billing and one around finding a meeting room), both fairy regular points that should be easy to resolve. I have left with neither resolved and no understanding of why. I understand that not everything I ask can be done, but I would expect an answer and some level of trying to help.

The service level at this property is a disgrace to the IHG Brand; and is making me question my continued loyalty to IHG; to this should fall on the property management, not the poorly trained staff.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us so we can make improvements and corrections. We feel sorry for the inconvenience we have cost you and we would pay highly attention to what you have point out according to the feedback and strengthen our training among staffs, especially in our professional skills, true hospitality attitude and problem solving efficiency. We do look forward to have you back for visit once again so we have a chance to provide you an improved experience. Thank you once again for your advises and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel. We were very welcome by the team. Special thanks to Grace and bastien.
Huge swiming pool. Good restaurants and very nice room.
I recommend this hotel in shenzhen. I plan to come back soon.

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Shenzhen and share your positive feedback with us! Your kind recognition of our Front Office colleague Bastien and Grace’s service is much appreciated and will be shared with our team to carry this spirit on in the future. We also would like to thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and hope to welcome you back soon as an old friend!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I'm amazed with the beautiful hotel, the rooms are great, restaurant very good and all different areas are very nice to feel like in home. But the service of all the personnel were amazing specifically of Katrina Skorik she was like an angel taking care of me. Thanks Katrina for making my stay like arriving at home. for sure next time I will stay in the Intercontinetal

Room Tip: not applicable
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Shenzhen and let us know your feelings for your InterContinental experience! It’s always nice to hear that our guest had been taken care of and enjoyed their stay here with us. Your recognition of our colleague Katrina is much appreciated and will be delivered to our staffs as a good example in show our True Hospitality spirit. We look forward to welcome you back again not far in the future.

General Manage