US$187
US$92
Agoda.com
US$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$214
US$147
Hilton
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My company unbeknownst to me moved into the building next door, so I was placed in this hotel during a recent business trip. This is definitely not a 4-star hotel by any international standard. It byfar is the one of the worst stay in Shenzhen. I will go back there again even if it means I skip a stop in Shenzhen. There are plenty of hotels that are cheaper and offer better service and cleaner rooms.

Here are the plus and minus of the hotel:

Plus
- it has a gym.... i know, it only matters to people that a fitness crazed like myself. The equipment is dated but functional and since no one is guarding the fitness room, you can go and in at your own time. This is what earn this hotel two instead of one star.

Minus
- Room is very dirty - the room has light beige carpet and it looks like they haven't vacuumed it in months. There are dirt and debris all over the carpet. There are also nasty looking stains on the carpet and furniture that looks like past guests had way too much fun in there - I will let you to figure out what I am referring to.
- Bathroom is moldy - the bathroom show clear signs of molds both on the shower tile, floor, and sink. It was wiped with wet dirty towels, so you have that stale wet towels smell in the entire bathroom. There are heavy build up on the shower floor and no doubt a major foot fungus trap...
- The desk is made out of glass and had grease and finger prints from god knows how many people. The housekeeping staff clearly didn't bother to wipe it on a regular basis. The rubber foot of my laptop picked up the grease from just sitting on the desk. I had to wipe everything down before I put the computer back in the computer bag to avoid transferring all that gunk into the bag.
- I tried to open and close the blind and end up releasing a cloud of dust into the room - they probably haven't clean or vacuum the blinds in years.
- The room and bed were in such a dirty state, I actually slept in my clothes and drop bathroom towel on the shower and bathroom floor, so my skin is never in direct contact with anything there...
- The free breakfast was the most nasty looking thing there. It's very Chinese-themed but horribly prepared. Everything was fried and even stir fried veggie is sitting in a puddle of oil. I am an easy eater and I couldn't find enough items that appears healthy enough to eat. The fruit tray is not covered and basically had fruit flies buzzing around it during all 3 breakfasts I had there...The breakfasts were so bad, even the coffee tasted like it was something they used to wash the pot and cookware with. I can't imagine where there is a kitchen grease taste in the coffee.

To add insult to injury, I asked the hotel to charge my credit (USA issued) in RMB (native Chinese currency) during check out. I signed specifically the RMB amount and marked on receipt to decline the option to allow the hotel pre-convert the amount into USD at some insanely marked up conversion rate, but guess what? The hotel transmitted the charge in USD anyways, the marked up amount. Countless of phone calls to the hotel could not get this issue resolved. They play dumb and said they didn't select USD. I had stayed at 4 other hotels during this Asia trip and none of the other hotels force-convert the amount into USD against my wishes and against the terms and conditions on the credit charge slip. This hotel has very dishonest business practice.

Summary:
Being that I've traveled all over the world and had stayed in Shenzhen before, this is by far the worst hotel I have ever experienced. If you are a foreigner and not used to locally owned hotel, I suggest you stay with a well known international chain. If you are on a budget, I suggest stay somewhere as well. Most international chains have low-end brands in Shenzhen and they offer cleaner room, better breakfast and at lower prices than what this hotel charges. This place is a major let down and I guarantee I will not return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank knowmyhotels
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel in the middle of the Futian Business district is ideally placed for the Shenzhen exhibition centre (ten minutes walk) and close to the metro (5 minutes).Twenty minutes by Taxi from Either Lo Wu or Shenzhen Bay customs Upgraded to a suite on arrival. Comfortable room with old fashioned but functional bathroom.
Good value --- many similar hotels at this time were twice the price . Comfortable restaurant for breakfast but the food was very average . Seems that the front desk staff rota is set up to to include one good english speaker in each shift which was a real help.
Hotel is slightly set back from the busy road so getting a taxi is best accomplished by walking to the busstops on edge of road and flagging down one of the plentiful taxis

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Valentony
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I stayed in a queen superior room for two days during a business trip. The room is nice, good size but a little dated with a CRT(Tube) TV, cheap corner shower. Location is great. A 5 minute walk to the subway.

BUT if you need cold air conditioning in your room, don't stay here. When I arrived in the room, it was warm. A/C was off so I turned it on full blast (min temp), went for a walk, and when I returned 1.5hr later, the room was at 25DegC. I waited another 1/2hr, still no change in temp so I called reception. After 3 calls and nothing, I went down and asked about it. Their english was poor but I think they said it takes time to get cold. They were somewhat correct...after 4 hours it was down to 22 but then returned to 24 later and it never got below that even with the A/C on full blast for 2 days.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2010

good size, little tired rooms. perfect location. good value, food is ok...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The Hotel is ideally located in the business district of Futian. What enthralls you is the grand entrance and majestic lobby having a granite sun clock in the middle.

The english speaking staff is warm and hospitable.

We got a immediate upgrade for our visit and the room was amazing. Comfortable beds with plush interiors.

A Casino on the premises is a bosnus for chilling out in the evenings.

Centrally located with easy access to public transport and taxis.

Would recommend to all travellers to Shenzhen for a great value for money experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business