“Great place to stay for a family vacation.”

The Venice Raytour Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #35 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay for a family vacation.”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen from 16 Jan 2012 to 19 Jan 2012. When I booked the hotel two months ago, the hotel was named Crown Plaza Hotel, Shenzhen. Even with my handwritten address in Mandarin, the taxi driver had a hard time finding the hotel due to its change of name. I was not being notified of the change of name. Apparently they changed their name on 1 Jan 2012. I didn't have much problem finding the hotel, as I knew actually why it was located and how it looked, but not the same case with my sister and her family. The taxi driver was driving round and round the Nanshan area trying to find the hotel. Checking in and out was quick and no fuss. The room was of normal size (not as big as I anticipated for a hotel room in Shenzhen, as I stayed at two other hotels with much bigger room in the city center before). The hotel room has everything that I needed to make my stay comfortable. Except for the carpet, it was full of stains and really in need of a good clean. Everyday the hotel provided us with a banana, apple and pear, which was very thoughtful. One advise though you are not allowed to take picture in the lobby, I was being told off for taking picture, though in a very nice way. The hotel was next to the new Westin Hotel and Holiday Plaza shopping mall. At the back of the hotel has a theme park called Happy Valley. Opposite the hotel has a tourist spot called Windows of the world. Our room has a view of the Windows of the world and a balcony. At night it looked beautiful with the lights. However, the heating was a bit hot and we were unable to adjust the temperature in the room. So we had to open the sliding door of the balcony to let the cool air in. Another problem with me was of the pillows. The pillows the hotel provided was very soft. There was a note on the pillows saying if we need a different firmness of pillows, the hotel was willing to change the pillows for us. However when I called the housekeeping, I was told that that was the only pillow they had available. In the middle of the night of the first day, I had such bad dizziness, I was almost sick. Next day, I experienced a horrible headache. So second night on I slept on the cushion which was provided in the room. I decided to stay at this hotel because I did not want to stay in the city center and it was convenient for the children to go to the two tourist spots by themselves and convenient for the adults to do our shopping. I do like to stay at this hotel. I won't hesitate to recommend it to my family and friends. Next time I will perhaps bring my own pillow?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth L
Xuan W, Vice President of Operation at The Venice Raytour Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Ms. Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay recently at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen and we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I appreciate your positive and constructive comments. We apologize for any inconveniences during your stay and are happy for your feedback. We actually do have a full pillow menu where our guests choose different pillow types, however our housekeeping department had a communication problem and gave you an improper response. We have now corrected this issue, so there is no need for you to bring your own pillow. Also we welcome our guests to take pictures in the lobby or elsewhere and our security department has been reminded of this. We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen.

Warm regards,

Joseph Zitnik
Vice President of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I have stayed here 6-8 times over the years. I find it warm and friendly. I also LOVE the breakfast buffet. The executive floors are best, and teh suites with hardwood floors are impossible to beat in Shenzhen. I also love the movie theatre across the street for something to do at night, as their movies are usually with English subtitles.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RickinShelby
Xuan W, Vice President of Operations at The Venice Raytour Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Our entire Team is focused on continuing to provide the warm, friendly service that The Venice Hotel Shenzhen has been known for. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joseph Zitnik
Vice President of Operations
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My most recent return business trip to this hotel remained excellent. Although this is my first review, I have stayed at this hotel 4 previous times over the last three years and have never been disappointed. The cleanliness and quality of the on-site food has always been top notch. The staff has always been well above the curve for any interface I have experienced. If you are able to travel at this price point, I highly recommend this property. Although, it is a destination for myself and many other business associates, families with children seem to blend in well as I have witnessed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Lausanne
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I've stayed here since 2006 and on all occasions I've been welcomed by courteous staff, comfortable rooms, a good breakfast and efficiency. The first thing that strikes you is the Venetian theme; it's fascinating to sit on the wall outside the hotel waiting for a taxi whilst listening to the music and the robot-gondoliers (or, if they are maintaining them, then the robots...) punting along. Rooms are well-maintained, beds are comfortable and restful, and the breakfast is befitting an international hotel. Just across the street is a mall offering a variety of local dining experiences. There used to be a great (legitimate) foot-massage just around the corner from the hotel; best to check with the concierge since things change quickly in Shenzhen...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Whirob
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This hotel is one of the finest around Shenzhen. The service and hospitality provided by the staff was amazing and excellent. The rooms are clean and posh, use of world class equipments and furniture's make the stay wonderful experience. I stayed in this hotel couple of times and strongly recommend this hotel. The location is fantastic and there are many sightseeing and shopping places around.

Room Tip: You can opt for the rooms facing road.