“One of the best Italian restaurants outside Italy”

Paletto Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 4,368 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Civic Center
Description: Located on the 2nd floor, the Paletto dining experience sets new standards of Italian cuisine in Shenzhen. Using authentic techniques, Paletto focuses on traditional Italian flavors with a modern twist. The menu offers a gourmet selection of antipasti, pasta, grilled seafood and a variety of regional dishes. Enjoy fine Italian cuisine with ingredients imported from Italy combined with the best local products. Paletto's private dining suite offers the perfect ambience for intimate gatherings or special celebrations.
Reviewed 16 September 2018

As an Italian, one of the common complaints I have about Italian restaurants around the world is that they adjust the food to the local taste. Chef Stefano makes no concessions to the international taste and simply creates uncompromising Italian dishes. Stefano's cuisine would be considered great in Italy and it's definitely one of the best Italian restaurants abroad. It was so good that my wife and I went back three times during our week in Shenzhen! They also have a very good wine list, although with very high markups (as common in China, unfortunately). However, the tasting menu (phenomenal!) and the wine pairing (excellent!) are reasonably priced. The service was also warm and impeccable. A truly perfect experience! Make sure to try their signature dessert, a reinterpreted Tiramisù.

MaggieC2504, Manager at Paletto Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Wolfy2K,

Warmest greetings from Paletto! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

I am most delighted to hear that you had memorable experiences at Paletto, and especially impressed by the delicious food and excellent services provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen. I will personally share your experience and great comments with the team, especially Chef Stefano and celebrate their commitment to service excellence.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review. All our Ladies and Gentlemen look very much forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Lobster soup was dull, I had to use a knife to cut the lobster into pieces, too tough, it had no any flavor or aroma, just lobster pieces, and hot water. The service was very good, the food - just OK.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Went to Paletto for Dinner. The atmosphere is elegant old-fashioned and classic. Food is modern trendy italian fine dining. For sure for Shenzhen this is a great restaurant, nothing to say and worth a visit. Service was good but a Manager is missing in that place.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I haven't went on TA for a while and I just realized Paletto is still not the best restaurant in Shenzhen. Come on, all of the above are buffets and medium level restaurants. A simple lunch in Paletto wins at anytime. Go Stepfano!!

Maggie C, Owner at Paletto Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Tommie L,

Thank you very much for your five-star review.

I appreciate the time you spent on giving us a nice comment on TripAdvisor. I have already shared your comment with the Paletto team . We are most delighted to know that you had a good dining experience at Paletto.

We are looking forward to seeing you again and are always ready to create another wonderful memory for you at our hotel. Please feel free to let me know when you will be visiting again. Hopefully soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We were recently fortunate to enjoy a meal at Paletto restaurant and were not disappointed. The food quality and wine list was absolutely superb, and the service was also flawless. In contrast to other reviews, we had no problem with level of English from our servers and host. In fact, they provided a comprehensive description of every dish before we tasted it to provide details about its preparation and expected flavors. The price is comparable to what you would expect at an upscale restaurant in San Francisco, Chicago, or New York - look to spend $300+ USD depending on your wine selections, but worth every penny!

Maggie C, Owner at Paletto Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Brad F,

Thank you very much for your five-star review.

The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen

Been to Paletto Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!