“Fresh ingredients and great food!”

La Casa (Houhai Baoli)
Ranked #169 of 4,368 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Neighbourhood: Shenzhen Bay Port
Neighbourhood: Shenzhen Bay Port
Reviewed 10 November 2015

The staff here take great pride in food preparation and the pizza was excellent, some of the best in China. All the ingredients are brought in from Italy and it shows!

Reviewed 27 November 2014 via mobile

Chose this place since the ever-popular Kitchen restaurant was fully booked. Service was super friendly, beer was cheap, pizzas were superb and outdoor dining was cool and comfortable.
But please, management, do something about your toilets! Don't you realise that half the Western world believe that 'if a restaurant is willing to let their guests see filthy toilets, then you can only shudder to think how disgusting things must be behind the scenes!'
You seem to get quite a few ex-pats as guests - sort out your toilets and you suddenly may find yourself as busy as your extremely popular neighbours!

2  Thank TexasLH
Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on good review on the site. We cant express enough how disappointing we are with our Sunday dinner. Food is terrible. We ordered Nachos - which is a bunch of chips with baked cheese. No sour cream, no guacamole, no minced meat. Salsa served on the side. You call that Nacho?? Our main was pasta and pizza, which we took one bite and left it at that. Pizza was soaked with oil and dough was not cooked in the middle. Pasta was overcooked, flavour was imbalance. I've never seen so much coriander in pasta dish. It is not Chinese food for god's sake. This place is a disgrace to italian cuisine. 3 disappointing dishes, 200 RMB. Yeah, never again.

1  Thank MaytineeS
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not a bad spot at all, I had a great pizza, the atmosphere was good and location even better. My friends did not enjoy their pizza as much, if they wanted garlic pizza they would order it was their comment. Worked for me as a garlic lover but not for them. Advice for owner, cut the garlic (in the sauce I assume), everything else about the pizza and location is great.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I found David's little restaurant while exploring Shenzhen looking for live music. I was in town on business. Shenzhenparty.com had it listed so I went to check it out. It quickly became my favorite place in Shenzhen. I found good, cold, reasonably priced beer and good food. The pizzas are very good and I'm a connoisseur. The salads are excellent and in a town that can not produce a top level burger their braised meatball sandwich was a teriffic alternative. The owner joins in on guitar and vocals on Sunday, Open Mike Night, and other musicians make appearances as well. The staff at La Casa are very friendly and fun to chat with. The clientele seems to be mostly expat (like me) but, hey, that's OK once in a while, too!