“Needed a pizza fix and found La Casa”

La Casa (Houhai Baoli)
Ranked #1,181 of 4,213 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Neighbourhood: Shenzhen Bay Port
Neighbourhood: Shenzhen Bay Port
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not a bad spot at all, I had a great pizza, the atmosphere was good and location even better. My friends did not enjoy their pizza as much, if they wanted garlic pizza they would order it was their comment. Worked for me as a garlic lover but not for them. Advice for owner, cut the garlic (in the sauce I assume), everything else about the pizza and location is great.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I found David's little restaurant while exploring Shenzhen looking for live music. I was in town on business. Shenzhenparty.com had it listed so I went to check it out. It quickly became my favorite place in Shenzhen. I found good, cold, reasonably priced beer and good food. The pizzas are very good and I'm a connoisseur. The salads are excellent and in a town that can not produce a top level burger their braised meatball sandwich was a teriffic alternative. The owner joins in on guitar and vocals on Sunday, Open Mike Night, and other musicians make appearances as well. The staff at La Casa are very friendly and fun to chat with. The clientele seems to be mostly expat (like me) but, hey, that's OK once in a while, too!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is one of my favorite places in Shenzhen. This small coffee place, with brick walls and a guitar hanging from one of the walls makes you feel very conformtable and welcoming. It has great coffee, wine, beer and different American - European food. The food and the services are great. And once I forgot my phone there, I went the next day and they returned it. This is a cool place with honest people just awesome!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Easy, casual walk-in place with music flowing in from neighboring bars and clubs. This could be anywhere except China ... but I guess I don't know the hip China very much yet.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

love La Casa, it used to have a prime position but it's now sandwiched between duff duff and house music. Despite this it's a favourite spot to meet friends for a good feed and reasonable and authentic drinks.

david s, Owner at La Casa (Houhai Baoli), responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

yes, as the area developed we found ourselves in the position of one that can't choose their neighbours. Yes there are more people, but it is not the place we opened. So we try to do our best. Lately I am happy to tell you the neighbours have been forced to turn the volume down....
come check it out.