All reviews swimming pool big balcony birthday cake great pool western standards beautiful resort guest rooms hotel area short stay many choices good size pleasant stay decent hotel chinese restaurant lake facilities english
Reviewed 28 August 2016

This hotel is ideally located for my business needs in the area. It's nice that it's up on a hill with a nice aspect (hence the hotels name!). The pool is great too, warm water and a life guard in attendance until late.

Restaurant menu is good for me as i'm a proper brit abroad when I go to China and struggle with the local cuisine so steak, lamb and chicken curry are most welcome dishes for me!

I booked into a standard room which I won't do again as I felt my room was a bit tired and quite worn out. I think the cleanliness could have been improved too.
I was also called by the hotel reception gone midnight when I was fast asleep looking for someones laundry! I was not in a good mood after that I can tell you.

I'll check in to a deluxe room next time and report back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We believe that your kind words will help other people to choose a hotel to stay in and what's more will give an encouragement for our staff to continue providing the service they do. You were kind enough to mention so many of the features of which we are most proud - our beatiful views, swimming pools and restaraunts. Your comment on room conditions is valuable as well, we already working at renovation of most of the guest rooms. And we do apologize for any late calls happend by our mistake!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Goodview on your next trip. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist in any way.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We have spend three days in this hotel
This is higher than my expectation especially in China

You can spend time in the spa area and also karaoke the facilities is quite well
But of course do not expect the staff can speak English

Staff is nice but have to train up again and the spa is not that big, only suitable for children

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you for the wonderful review!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the aspects of our hotel including SPA and karaoke as well. You are so helpful to mention the weaknesses of service provided by our staff, we always working on their skills and abilities to serve our guests better. Our SPA and Paradise Health club provide a wide range of kinds of massages and other treatments both for adult men and women those go with a plenty of promotions. We do hope you would have more time to try and learn more of these facilities during your next stayings.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere with a canal running thru the property and some rooms separate from main building have access for swimming. Golf carts available to transfer to different locations.
Rooms large and well priced. Bar lounge looks out large windows and a small lake. During day many water activities available.
Down the stairs next to lounge to one of the largest buffets you'll ever see.
Food assortment for all tastes and good variety.
Had breakfast and dinner everyday.
No need to leaves the grounds.
Very tropical but almost in heart of the city.
I took van shuttle from lower level of the HK terminal after HK customs. An hour trip approx because of custom ( need China Visa). 1 van transfer involved then delivery right to resort. Cost about $40 USD.
VERY central for business in the area and near major highways to Guangzhou
Very relaxing and separate Chinese restuarant to side of main building
Staff helpful and overall well maintained . Larry

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear guest!
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with us. We greatly appreciate your kind and thoughtful words, how lovely to know that you have tried the most of the hotel facilities and enjoyed all of them. We do hope sharing your experince would be helpful for other travelers.
Please do let us know when you plan to return to Goodview so that we can welcome you back and help with any arrangements.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2016

My company does business with a supplier in Tangxia and I was looking for a hotel that was closer than the western hotels of Shenzhen. I decided to try the Goodview Hotel Tangxia on my latest trip to the area, based solely on TripAdvisor reviews. Thankfully, the hotel did not disappoint.

This hotel is located on a very scenic piece of property that is isolated from the hustle and bustle of typical Chinese city life. This is good if you want a little solitude, but not so nice if you prefer to walk around the city. Having been to other Chinese cities, this isolation was a welcomed change for me.

The staff was generally very pleasant and comprised of mostly Chinese with a handful of other nationalities including Indian and Russian. The guest services manager, Singh, personally introduced himself and presented his business card and WeChat ID in case I needed anything. This special touch was never called upon, but certainly appreciated.

As with any good hotel, free wifi was available throughout the building(s). The speed was slow compared to the U.S., but seemed average for China. I did see a "VIP" wifi SSID, which may have offered faster service.

There were at least three restaurants in the hotel and a lounge that also served food, although I found that food and beverage prices were on the high side. The breakfast buffet (included in my room rate) was large and varied, just I've come to expect in this type of hotel in China.

My room was comfortable, although it was very warm when I first arrived. It cooled down after a few hours and I didn't have any issues after that. The cleanliness was average; there were definitely things in the room that could have been cleaner, but it was satisfactory to me. The balcony overlooking the gardens was nice and I used it to dry laundry that I had done in the bathroom sink.

Other amenities included a full service spa and hair salon, swimming pool, a workout room, a billards room, and several card/chess rooms.

I was pleased with my stay and would stay there again if ever back in Tangxia for business travel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are called "corner" rooms (although not really on the corner) and are larger in size (e.g. rooms 1521 and 1621)
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I would like to say many thanks for choosing Goodview hotel and gave us opportunity to serve you and Thanks for giving your precious time to share the encouraging feedback about your recent visit
We are pleased to learn that you had a positive experience for your time with us, especially your praise about our friendly service, quality and environment. The team indeed works hard to ensure a personal service is delivered to every guest. It is also good to know that you were able to avail of our rooms offer and you were able to explore and enjoy the restaurant and facilities we have across all the GoodView proprieties; we always aim for our valued guest to have such kind of experience.
Thank you once again for your valuable comments
We are always glad to see you here and let glad to let you know that because of summer season july and august outdoor swimming pool time has elongate so the summer time of outdoor swimming pool is 08.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m (08.00to 22.00) . We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards,
Assistant Manager
Goodview hotel Tangxia

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Booked 5 rooms with family and stayed over the weekend. Very disappointed upon check in, long queue for checking in and local those Chinese people were jumping the queue for check in. No intention from Reception staff to stop these local people even we had made compliant to Reception staff, they did nothing and not even bother to handle,perhaps this happened too much daily to this hotel. Local people smoking in the lobby, corridors and restaurants......

How can this be a 5 stars hotel with such unacceptable service & management standard and level ?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank michaelmou1960
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear value guest。

Thank you for taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review of your stay in GoodView Hotel Tangxia .your Feedback is vital, in order for us to be able to identify service and product deficiencies that may otherwise not to be brought to our attention. We take our guest feedback seriously and nothing will make me happier that to have you return as our guest.

I am of course more concerned to learn of your disappointments and would like to extend my sincere apologize that your experience fell short of our standards. We are renowned for archiving. Please allow me to reassure you that I have personally addressed your feedback with the concerned department’s heads to ensure that we revisit all these issues and minimize the risk of them reoccurring.

I do hope you will provide is with an opportunity to restore you confidence in GoodView Hotel and will visit us again, should an occasion arises in the future, please do contact me direct so that I can personally meet you and look after your requirements.

In the mean time I remain

Sukhpreet Singh