Riyuegu Hotspring Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Yulong Hotel(Xiamen)
Yuehao Hotel(Xiamen)
View Hotel
All reviewstheme parkmineral waterhot tubshuttle busthe hotel staffpoolsspa
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was our third stay here and as always it was excellent in every respect-lovely, well prepared room, beautiful swimming pool and gardens. Somewhere to relax away from the centre of Xiamen.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I went to Riyuegu on 8 August 2011 and this was my 2nd visit so far.

I need to comment that this visit was disappointing, as service quality from SPA Sanctury and the maintenance of hot springs were appalling.

All surrounding stones and ceramic slabs around the hot springs therapies were slimy, indicating a layer of growing algae. There is a layer of dirt and oil on the surface of hot spring pools.

When I booked a reservation for Traditional Full Body Massage at the Spa Sanctury, the service attendant did not inform me that I will be massaged by a guy masseuse.

When the guy masseuse appeared, I requested for a lady masseuse. The guy insisted that the body massage is done with clothes on, there is no difference to have a lady or guy masseuse. I was pretty agitated as he was rude and insisted that he should be my masseuse.

When I firmly told the service attendant, that I only want lady masseuse, they relented and sent a lady masseuse.

If Riyuegu wishes to maintain its National AAAA Tourism Attraction Standard, then better do a proper maintenance on all hot spring therapies and please educate the staff to be polite and professional..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Riyuegu is a modern facility equipped with 5-star facilities and staff. The Superior room we booked was spacious, tastefully furnished and equipped with its own hot springs granite tub. Hot springs right in your hotel room!

Realistically, the tub could fit 2 adults although you’d be in for a squeeze. We’d probably have to stack the toddler on top of us!

Parents with toddlers may want to bring their child’s own robes as the smallest fits kids 5 years and above. Equipped with showers, toilets and hair dryers, the locker room is a complete powder room. No photography is allowed beyond this point.

In winter, pool temperatures average between 38-42 deg C indicated by LED-powered thermometers mounted above them.

The little tyke appeared to enjoy the “big baths” especially as there were floating bags and wooden scoops for him to play with. He didn’t lack company as the Chinese, who are very fond of children, happily made faces or called out to him.

Soon, we perfected a routine of my going in first to secure a position before Hubby disrobes the toddler, hands him over and gets in himself. Getting out, we reversed our roles to ensure the toddler’s safety and warmth at all times.

By 6.00 pm, it was pitch dark that we hit the dinner gong earlier and joined in the throng tucking into Chinese cuisine cooked with hot springs water. Tastes the same to me…

All in all, it's a nice warm weekend getaway from winter.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank MediaMama10
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Lovely hotel - but not particularly cheap or good value considering where you are and that you still have to pay into the hot springs (prob the only reason you are there anyway). Food pretty good - but restaurants quite unatmospheric and 'cold'. Rooms not amazing. Clean and spacious, but nothing special and beds very hard. Hot spring bath was a bit of a let down too!

If you've got money to blow - then stay here. Otherwise its prob cheaper to stay in Xiamen and travel to and from hot springs. Guess it would make a nice (rather pricey) change from the hussle and bussle of the city - esp if its hot.

There is a shuttle bus that runs from Xiamen to this hotel for free.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henrys
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Great. Definitely worth an excursion from Xiamen: about 30 to 45minutes by shuttle bus/cab to find yoursefl in another world (albeit in the middle of a remote industrial park)
The Hotel is well run, food is good and the link to the Hot springs (situated on the other side of the dual carriageway) is easy
A very chilled-out place to spend some time.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AdrenalAsia