All reviews excellent hotel in town puerto natales two blocks one night spoke english hotel restaurant lamb the main square an easy walk airport transfer quiet street clean rooms comfortable hotel en route the bus room was large
Reviewed 23 June 2018

This is a good place to stay for a few days in Punta Arenas. The rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a small buffet breakfast and they do not offer any other meals, however, there are a number of good restaurants within walking distance.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Enrique G, Gerente at Hotel Rey Don Felipe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear guest,

tanks for your comments and feedback, we appreciate it.

We will continue doing our best to correct, improve and offer better experiences to our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The hotel in it self is ok, location is fine , one of the more pricy in the area so it should be great.
What was lacking is the good service. Their wifi is not working and I was told that the manager did know about it, it had been like this for 1 month, however not fixed. I was recommended to comment on it in the review in hope for it to be fixed... not that I think I'd stay a next time.

At the end of our stay I wanted to pay for it the evening before we were to leave very early, so first it was an issue that they had some problems with creating the bill, that can happen.. then I could not pay with the credit card I was planning to use, so I had to go back to our room to get another one. only to find out that my friend just had paid for the room... I'd say that the receptionist should know that. Am at least glad I found out before I paid for the stay too.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Enrique G, Gerente at Hotel Rey Don Felipe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear guest

we appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank very much.

We will continue to do our best to improve our service and avoid mistakes like the one mentioned.

Regarding the Wi-Fi signal, it has always been operative, but due to occasional indiscriminate consumption by some guests, the signal became weak and certain telephone devices fail to capture it.

All the best,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly and very appealing hotel where I have stayed almost monthly over the last two years, and enjoyed my stay every time. I commend Sam for his every day enthusiastic and polite service at the Nao Victoria restaurant, as well the Bar. Always a pleasure to dine there when he is around!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Enrique G, Gerente at Hotel Rey Don Felipe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your great opinion and share it here.

We are glad to know that you enjoy the work of our staff, especialy Sung.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Only stayed one night for a quick stop in Punta Arenas. It was one of two options offered by my travel agency. It was a bit more expensive than the other. However, it was clean and conveniently located to the plaza mayor and other sights in the town.

Room tip: The lower level has windows that open to the outside. If this concerns you, ask for a room on a higher level.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Enrique G, Gerente at Hotel Rey Don Felipe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our services.

We are very grateful for your feedback.

All the best,

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is pleasant enough, but the place seems to run on auto-pilot and that gives a feeling of disinterest. For example, during check in one staff threw my passport over the counter to another staff and that’s just not how you treat a passport. The check in was otherwise efficient, but nothing more than that. The hotel is located in a perfect location, shops bars, and restaurants are all within walking distance. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, but a few lights didn’t work, and I came across two very long hairs in the bathroom, which is of course not a very good sign of cleaning standards. Amenities weren’t re-supplied the next day, and the dispenser next to the shower was already empty when I arrived. I slept well in the comfy bed. The lounge and bar area are pleasant to hang out, and they have a decent selection at the bar. The restaurant feels a bit impersonal, but the breakfast is fine with plenty of good choices. The parking lot at the premises has enough space to accommodate pick up trucks, which is very useful if you’re on an adventurous road trip. On Easter Day they couldn’t do laundry because of reduced staff, but they went at length to find an external service to do my laundry, an effort which is a plus.
All in all a pleasant enough stay, but it would be much better if they would put more attention into the details. However, I would probably give them a second chance in the future.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank 84huberts
Enrique G, Gerente at Hotel Rey Don Felipe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Guest,

we appreciate very much your all your comments, All of them are very important to us. Thanks very much.

We will continue doing our best to make every guest feel like at home.

Kind regards,