All reviewspub streetair connice poola short tuk tuk rideplace to staypool areatop floorstayed here for nightsminute walkenjoyed our staychannelscambodiafacilitiescleanlinessusd
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Seriously the best place to stay in Siem Reap!

Not only it is very good value for your money, it's really seriously nice; The beds were so comfortable, had nice linens/comforters, the aircon was so nice and cold, it had TV with many channels available (And even cartoon network!), there was nice hot water in the shower, a safe, a cold working mini-refrigerator, good working wifi in the room (This was room 228), and the room was very clean! Kudos to them; They clean the room everyday and give you free instant coffee in the room, and 2 free small water bottles everyday.

The breakfast buffet was also very good! And considering that I paid less than $50 USD for the night, I'd say for the price you pay, they spoil you!

Everyday of my stay (For 12 nights), they had nice fresh hot fried rice, a variety of Khmer fried noodles, sausages, bacon, pancakes, hash browns, vegetables, bread, salads, cereals, eggs, hard boiled eggs, and the best; unlimited fresh fruits! Watermelons, pineapples, papayas, and all the unlimited-tea, and coffee! You can eat all the fruits, and it's so refreshing, and you won't get fat!

The restaurant food itself was also very good! They cook well; Their $5USD Khmer Beef roll was very delicious, and so is their $8 USD cheese burger with fries.

The location for me was actually very nice and good; It's right beside the Angkor National Museum, and is on the road going to the Angkor Temples. (Around 3 kms to Angkor Park). It's a nice clean area, near the main Siem Reap central park, near the St. John Catholic Church, and it feels safe at night.

Although there aren't much restaurants in the vicinity, (You'll have to walk past the Siem Reap central park near the main intersection for lot of restaurants, Lucky Mall, and more - 10-15 minutes walk.) it's fine because the hotel cooks well anyways, so if you're feeling lazy to eat out at night or lunch, the hotel food will do!

This might turn some people off, but the hotel's location to pub street is quite far; 1.5 kms, or 12-20 minutes of running, 20-35 minutes of walking and so on. But it was perfectly fine/ok for me as since I'm a boring person, and I do not care for Pub Street (Nightlife). I even prefer the location as it's quiet, peaceful and near the temples. So that wasn't a factor for me.

Bike Rental, and parking it in the hotel and keeping it safe:
For me, this was a HUGE plus for the hotel. Long story short, renting a mountain bike from the hotel, and parking it for 10 nights was completely hassle-free, and safe.

The hotel can easily arrange you to rent a mountain bike for $6 USD a day, very hassle-free; All you do is just pay the hotel, and it gets delivered. No taking your passport/extra hassles.

Keeping your bike safe at night in the hotel; I'll admit, I was at first skeptic, and worried about this, but when I checked the bike at 4AM, I was surprised, and felt very relieved to find out that it was chained in the hotel and there was a guard watching it. After this, I was able to sleep well already for the rest of the stay, and truly indeed; Nothing happened to the mountain bike for 10 nights at the hotel. It was safe, and I was able to enjoy biking to the temples/Siem Reap everyday. It was the best!

The facilities:
Their around 25 meter pool was really wonderful and refreshing! You could do laps in it! What a perfect way to end your Siem Reap day after visiting the temples, with swimming 50 rounds of laps in the pool! The wifi in the hotel was also very good, especially in the restaurant and pool area.

The staff:
First class service - that's the best word to describe the customer service of this hotel. All the staff were trained very well; Very polite, (Always saying good morning, bowing) professional, and nice. They made me liked Cambodia, and eventually - loved it.

Will highly recommend this place to anyone who visits Siem Reap, and will stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 228 had working wifi access.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SunsetStMartin
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our way from Phnom Penh thru to Vietnam.

Lovely old French Colonial architecture opposite the Angkor Museum and down a few metres from shops and Restaurants. Tuk Tuk outside, only $US 2 to get into Pub Street for entertainment and good food.

Rooms good sized, with English Channel T.V. Fridge etc, nice modern bathroom and at a very good price. Great pool, and lovely staff that try very hard to speak English and be of help. Breakfast not to my taste, but hey it's included, so everyone else maight love it. They make great Marguerita's too

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Upon arrival the staff were very welcoming and check in was simple. Booking tours to Angkor Wat and transport through the hotel was easy to do and they had a selection of day trips available.
The room was a good size, unfortunately the cleanliness of the room was to be desired. The toilet lid and sink had some stains as did the towels and bedding. Eventually we were moved to a larger cleaner room which was very good of the staff, however we had issues with the safe and service was quite slow. The pool outside would have been lovely if the water had been a bit cleaner.
The hotel breakfast had a good selection of foods, however due to the heat the uncovered food attracted a lot of flies which was a shame.
We booked the Angkor Wat tour starting at sunrise and the hotel were very kind to give us a breakfast bag to take with us.
Overall, the hotel was OK. The location was good, however the amenities were a bit dated and not very clean, and service was on the slow side although staff were always very friendly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great stay in this Hotel. Great price, staff and pool. Breakfast included. They offer tours to go to the temples. Room was big, had a balcony and was clean. Prices for minibar quite expansive. Great job:)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dennis K
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The Fawlty Towers of Siem Reap. We did not stay at the hotel, but did reserve a table for five people for dinner. To our surprise the restaurant appeared to have only four menu's for the whole dining room which rather slowed the ordering process down. However, we ordered five starters and five main courses. After ordering, the waiter returned to say three of starters were not available, we then chose another three, again the waiter returned to say this time one was not available, by this time we were wondering what was actually on the menu. Once again he returned to say one of the main courses was not available and another was chosen. We waited a little time and then the main courses turned up but not any starters. We were just about to enquire about the starters, when they turned up about five minutes later and one main course was missing. In view of the problems and time scale we decided not pursue the missing course. I have to say the food was good and portions were generous. In view the of previous experience we decided not to order any sweets and asked for bill. The bill had all five starters and five main courses on it. We pointed out to the waiter we had only had four main courses and the waiter did admit he had forgotten to bring one. The bill was adjusted.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends