“All Tick Marks Checked”
Review of Sarai Resort & Spa

Sarai Resort & Spa
Ranked #47 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The moment you arrive and go in you are not just greeted by a nice view but also by a warm staff that right away makes you feels comfortable. The lobby is cool even with the heat of Siem Reap at near noon when we arrive. The pool is a sight and I am pretty sure a lot of people already have so many posts taken from this. The hotel accommodates almost all what you need... a nice place to hang out beside the pool, a restaurant that serves delicious snacks (we tried the satay here and the fruit juices) and food (fried rice, eggs benedict, Khmer style noodles), a spa to release all those temple hopping we did a day before, some tours that they can arrange or they themselves offer which by the way is also a service that I can recommend them for. They make me feel like the hotel is my home as everytime you come back home they warmly greet you and welcome you with smiles and it feels very sincere. I can't actually find any fault in the hotel as even the location is pretty good and near some very nice restaurants, Pub Street and the Night Markets. The turn down service is trustworthy as I didn't even had a problem when I forgot to keep my camera in the safe as I usually don't let anyone in our room without us in it but not with this hotel.

Room Tip: good location, good food, photo opportunity
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

"I absolutely love this hotel, papa!" exclaimed my 5 year old upon entering the room.
Boarding the airport transfer, the driver was extremely helpful in providing us with iced-cold water and cold towel. He was very informative too in helping us understand the food hotspots nearby and carefully guiding us to the exciting spots around. Checking-in was a bliss; with even a lovely staff insisting to escort us to the rooms and explaining each and every facility in-room and in-hotel. Being a short distance from the Old Market / Pub Street, the hotel offers a serene environment from the hustle bustle of common tourists catch. Meals at Goat Tree was particularly memorable too with impeccable service. For breakfast; highly recommend the Eggs Benedict, much better than some 4/5 stars hotel restaurants we have been. The pool and the gym is lovely with great service from staff ensuring if you have enough towels and even bringing you drinks. It was a stupendous stay prompting my 5 year old to ask, "Do we really have to go?" upon checking-out.

ps. To Sarai Management : do give every staff our very best compliments during our stay on 4-6th Dec 2017

Room Tip: Do spell out your requirements upon booking the room, the staff does extremely to accommodate.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Great food at the restaurant.
Super friendly staff and service.
Awesome pool.
Away from the crazy part of town which in my opinion is a plus. Only a $3 tuk tuk to get to the main area.
Would 100% stay on my next visit :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is stunning. I don't understand how anyone could say anything negative about it. The staff are amazing and seem really genuine, just like most people in Cambodia. I visited Siem Reap a few years ago as a backpacker and now living in Asia, I wanted to bring my parents to this amazing city. So glad we booked this hotel as it's really family friendly. I read some negative comments about the area but I think it's really well placed. Not too close to the bars and market so you still feel relaxed but easily accessible for when you do want some night life or shopping. The pool is one of the nicest I've been to. The breakfast is great! So much choice! We ate lunch once in the restaurant and it was really tasty and not expensive at all. I honestly can't think of anything I didn't like about this hotel. I have to give a special mention to the staff who really work hard, they even packed us up a breakfast picnic when we told them we were going to see the sunrise at the temple. Go to Siem Reap... It's such an amazing place with great people and so much history. Make sure you stay at this hotel, we did so much with my parents when they came to visit us but this place was a big highlight for them and for us also! Will be coming back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I had an excellent stay at Sarai. It was five stars from the prompt pick up at the airport, to the unlimited ala carte breakfast, to the Very attentive service. The staff had excellent suggestions for meals no matter the price point.

The room ( pool view, king bed ) was as advertised. Extremely inviting. Do note the open bathroom concept. Expansive entertainment on the TV. Beautiful Swimming pool and surroundings. Quiet surroundings, yet close enough to old market to walk without needing a tuk tuk.

Each day, the turn down service would refill drinking water, and provide a local snack. And when I informed them that it was my anniversary. They provided a nice surprise! ( not spoiling it here )

I will certainly highly recommend it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3.2 km away
Lotus Blanc Resort
Lotus Blanc Resort
#36 of 376 in Siem Reap

Been to Sarai Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sarai Resort & Spa

Address: P.O Box 93193, Wat Damnak Village, Sangkat Sala Komreuk, Siem Reap 17107, Cambodia
Region: Cambodia > Siem Reap Province > Siem Reap
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #47 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Price Range: €56 - €139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Sarai Resort & Spa 5*
Situated in exotic city of Siem Reap, Sarai Resort & Spa is a boutique, Moroccan-inspired resort that offers guests unique experiences. Sarai has been designed to be a destination where travelers from East and West come pleasantly and discover quality comfort superior services. Exquisite spa, swimming pool, beautiful rooms, other amenities. The luxury resort is located just 15 minutes drive away from Siem Reap International Airport, and only 800 metre distance to Old Market, Night Market and Pub Street Area - Shopping area and the town center surround there. The Angkor Wat Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the gem of Siem Reap, is just 7 km away. BOOK DIRECT 15% cheaper! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.