“Touristy but fun”

Ranked #60 of 1,086 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bugs Cafe is the first ever insect tapas restaurant and cocktail bar in Cambodia. Crickets, scorpions, grasshoppers, ants, bees, silkworms, spiders, snake and crocodile combined with quality Khmer and western products and seasonings, will bring you a delicious and unseen taste of adventure! Amazing Photos guaranteed...
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is definitely created for tourists but was a fun experience for us to go to. We tried the discovery platter which has the tarantula tempura, ant spring roll and skewers with grasshoppers. My friends did enjoy the bug food, though I couldn’t get over the mental image of eating bugs. The non insect food was also good. A bit expensive though for Cambodia which is why it’s 4 stars.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 with two teens went to Bugs Cafe as a kitchy thing to see while visiting Cambodia. We were greeted at the door by the very friendly and professional French owner. He answered all of our questions so thoroughly and was so empowering that we did it! We ate bugs! They were beautifully presented and seasoned perfectly. We highly recommend a visit!

Marjolaine_and_Davy, Propriétaire at Bugs Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Oh thank you so much, I'm going to blush ahah! Our whole team is delighted that you enjoyed the experience, it was a pleasure to welcome you and see you share your enthusiasm and kindness. Have a very good time in Cambodia, thank you again for supporting us!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

WOW what a wonderful experience this was. First off as an american we rarely if ever have an opportunity in the United States to find food options like this. Secondly, this was by far the best meal I ate while in Cambodia and it was A BUNCH OF BUGS AND SCORPIONS. David the owner was exceptionally laid back and very informative when it came to reviewing the menu and even came over once the food had arrived to make sure that we understood the flavors, the correct way to prepare/eat and the multi legged offerings. After the meal I enjoyed a drink or two...or three with David and he took myself and my friend around Siem Reap to really take in the local scene! Thank You so much David for a lovely meal and an unforgettable night on the town!

Thank you so much Evan, it was really nice to meet you guys! Have a very good time in Asia, I hope you come back say hi sometime ;)

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Owned by a Frenchman. Walked pass the shop. The owner approached me to try their foods. I replied 'I am not ready to take the challenge'. The owner explaint 'We do not use the word 'challenge'. We prepare the bugs in such a creative way, to make them an ordinary meal'. This showed their were so serious and professional in preparing their foods. Non-bugs foods available.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My boyfriend wanted to try the local delicacy but was too afraid to eat the ones of the street so we walked to a proper restaurant. The menu is very creative and the the dishes are very well presented. Here you can order a doughnut and actually be eating a spider, kebab skewers with an array of insects sandwiched between capsicums and onions and even dip crickets and chopped fruits in a chocolate fondue.