All reviews rooftop restaurant intrepid tour minute walk along the river top floor tuk tuk pub street small pool great rooftop bar nice hotel hot water buffet breakfast quiet street the hotel staff rooms are large walk into town very pleasant stay nice breakfast
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The hotel is located in a quiet street at walking distance from the centre of Siem Reap.
The staff are very friendly and helpful (some don't speak English). The rooms are standard and clean. Breakfast buffet on the roof terrace.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Panoramic B, Director of Sales at Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear BPEGE,
Thank you very much for your review, yes some of our staff cannot speaking English due they are limited education. Most of them are from the countryside they are in housekeeping department.
But hope you understanding about English is our second language.
Best regards,
Panoramic's Family

Reviewed 17 February 2018

My wife and I were due to stay here for 4 nights, completing our 21 day tour of Vietnam and Cambodia. However, the rooms were so dreadful that we had to move rooms after 1 night and then relocate to another hotel after 2 nights!

I am always wary when a business changes its name (this hotel had been the Claremont Hotel, and this was clearly evident from the room keys). Why the need to change name? Escaping a dodgy past?

We were allocated a room on the 5th floor, just below the rooftop bar & restaurant on the 6th floor. The hotel is set in a residential area, a stones throw from the river.

Our room on the first night was dreadful. Very dark and dingy, a number of the light bulbs had blown and had not been replaced and the furnishings were of a very dark/black wood, creating a depressing environment. The bathroom was very small and antiquated (50 year old fittings?), the shower was very poor and set far too low for any normal sized European or American to use comfortably. If you were over 5 foot 6 inches, you were required to stoop to shower.
Worse still, the toiletries were a dreadful quality! I have never had occasion to complain about the toiletries provided by a hotel before, but these were terrible. The shampoo hardly lathered, despite the fact I used perhaps twice as much as I normally use and my hair is quite short! The hand soap never lathered at all and I gave up and used a small bar of my own.
The TV had a few English channels which was OK but the wifi kept dropping connection, so I had to keep signing back in on my iPad, my wifes iPad, and both of our phones!
A tiny ancient fridge was provided, but it wasn't even turned on when we entered the room. I had to locate the plug, plug it in and turn it on to chill our water. There was also a lack of easily accessible power points for phone chargers, etc.
I requested a small jug of fresh milk for tea in our room, which didn't materialise.
Breakfast was a poor affair, an egg station was present for some (overcooked) scrambled eggs on toast, but nothing else offered was of any real interest. Take a look at the floor of the restaurant each morning, this is very telling of the management of the hotel. We were pretty much first in the restaurant on our first morning and it was covered in crumbs and debris from the night before. For Christ's sake, sweep the floor before you start a new service each day (and keep the vermin at bay!).

I complained about our room after our first night and told the guy on reception that I wanted one of the rooms they showed on their website. He said "they don't exist sir, those pictures are just for advertising purposes!". What! An outright admission that they are falsely advertising! I told him that I would sue the hotel if they were located in England for false advertising!
He did promise to find us a better room, and when we returned later than day they had moved us to a brighter room (it was a corner room so was brighter when the curtains were drawn back), but it was still very old fashioned and dark, and nothing like the bright, orange pillowed rooms shown in the promo shots for the hotel (and which appear here on TripAdvisor).
I contacted our tour company and they relocated us to another hotel nearby for the following two nights of our stay, which massively improved the remainder of our stay.
The staff here were apologetic, but apologies don't help when you are having to deal with such poor accommodation.
Had we completed our tour at this hotel, I think our overwhelming view would have been tainted by this poor experience.
I have recommended to our tour operator that they do NOT use this hotel for any future guests. If you have booked here, cancel and go elsewhere! There are plenty of others to choose from!

Room tip: Don't! Go elsewhere, please!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PathManSlough
Panoramic B, Director of Sales at Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Mr. PathMan,
Thank you very much for your bring all these matter, appreciated for your long long review. I don't like to write very long because most of the people they don't have much time to read your bad review.
I just wondering to ask you, how much you paid? We are a budget hotel, we paid for electric, staffs, tax, water, breakfast, room amenities ... how much we earning? This is Cambodia not England, compare England and Cambodia; Cambodia is a best? We are a small family hotel, all staffs are from poor family we trained them and they work to earn some salary to support their poor family.
Think about Cambodian, we are poorest country.
Best regards,
Panoramic's Family

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Close to the museum and the markets, in a quiet street. Wonderful rooftop restaurant, also for breakfast. Reception very friendly, especially Mr Vannak, who went out of his way to settle us in the hotel. Small pool, but sufficient for a late afternoon dive after the hot and dusty visit of the temples. Spent 4 days here. Beds were nice and firm, with good mattresses. Had a small library and gift shop.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 days stayed at Angkorpanoramic Boutique, it was amazing place with nice pool and nice rooftop views with romantic dinner, I was sunshine in morning for breakfast , room very big space and flare screen TV , massage was excellent specially good price. Highly recommended for this hotel for your holiday in siemreap.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Panoramic B, General Manager at Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Kangasin,

Thanks for you chosen our hotel during your stay in Siem reap,

We are looking forward to serve you next booking with warm welcome with your lovely family,

Always at your Service,

Sing Sokun

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Quick check-in to very spacious clean room. Large bathroom and nice shower. Not overly comfortable bed, but okay for the short visit we had. Breakfast we had good choice. Location wise was just a brief walk into the bar/shops area of town, easy to locate.

Date of stay: October 2017