All reviewsrooftop poolpub streettuk tukair conangkor watfantastic locationa great place to stayegg stationnight marketold market arearooms are bignoodleshotel staffafter a long daymassagecambodiadriver
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here several times... location is excellent, staff is very attentive, breakfast was good, rooftop pool and bar is a real plus.
Excellent value for the price.
And yes there is construction going on, but it doesn't start that early nor go into the night

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This hotel is walking distance to pub street, shopping and restaurants. Rooms were clean but my room only had one power plug which was annoying as I had so many things to charge.
The kettle was on a bench but there was no power point so I took that into the bathroom where I had to persist as it kept stopping. (Not the idea place to heat water either)
The safe is so small it can't be used??
Yes the staff are lovely but room cleaning staff need to be more consistent as they would forget to replenish teabags and sugar.
Breakfast okay, enjoyed the soup.
There were a lot of Mosquitos in the lobby area and a few times they were in my room so got housekeeping to spray.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We just checked in and the room is lovely. No complaints, went to lunch/dinner down stairs, great food.

My mother and I went to their massage center for one hour oil massages, I had some little girl as my masseuse who just slid her hands over my body with no pressure at all, the "oil" she used was supper dry somehow where it didn't even feel like she used it (even though I heard all the splashing) after she slid her hands on each part of my body for the massage, she realized that she moved to quickly and had a lot of time to spare. So she ran out of the room for 5min before coming back to pet my head like a dog... at this time my mother's masseuse apparently ran out of the room as well and started vomiting. O give the massages here a 1/10.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2018

City River Hotel offers lots of room for budget travelers. Rooms were with complimentary breakfast, toiletries, coffee, tea and hot water boiler, aircon, cable tv. Room was very adequate. I do not have any complaints rather a suggestion to the owner of City River Hotel; hire an experienced Food & Beverage manager to properly redesign the breakfast buffet choices. Other than that, my stay at City River Hotel was adequate. Malis Restaurant, a high end Cambodian-fusion restaurant, is within walking distance; a must do!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Where do I start...this is the best hotel in which we've stayed and we're frequent travelers. When you take into account all the factors that take part in making a hotel stay memorable this hotel reaches perfection. Starting with being very responsive to questions and requests prior to the trip, outstanding location within walking distance to the old market excellent restaurants and pub street, an outstanding array of foods at included breakfast buffet, extremely attentive friendly and helpful staff, clean spacious and comfortable rooms, excellent and inexpensive massages and....to top it all, literally, a hidden treasure of a rooftop pool with panoramic views of the city and the daily sunsets and a bar offering $2 mojitos at happy hour! We can't stop thinking about siem reap and the hotel staff at City river. Well be back...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple