Reveal Courtyard
US$57
Great 4.5/5
Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$321
US$36
US$32
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Laysung Boutique(Siem Reap)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$27
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsangkor boutique tropic hotelswimming poolinternational channelstuk tuk driverangkor watflat tvnice poolsmall hotelcomfortable bedrooms facehuge bathtubrain showerwestern dishesmini martstayed for four nightsa lovely staytoilet paper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We stayed here for three nights while visiting Angor Wat. It is a hidden gem in Siem Reap. Loved the balcony that overlooked the pool area. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was nice. The best part was that they picked us up at the airport in a tuk tuk and arranged for the driver, Nick, to be available for us throughout our stay. Nick was amazing. He gave us a wonderful tour of Siem Reap one day and taught us many things about life in Cambodia. He also gave us a nice tour of Angor Wat. If you can get Nick as your driver you will have a great time. The room was very nice. The only issue we had was that sometimes the water pressure fluctuated.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I was looking for a modest, safe, clean, quiet hotel that didn't cater to tour groups. I think the good reviews set my expectations high. I expected a simple gem; instead I received an uneven experience in a 2* hotel.

The hotel is small, so guests mostly small families and groups of friends. Few people using pool. Few people in restaurant. Access via an alleyway from the main road.
The only noise is neighbor's rooster, thumping music from across the main road (can mask with a/c), and coughing guests in next room.

Room furnishings OK except no top sheet and the duvet is sewn into cover--do they wash after every guest? Hand towels taken away after first day and never replaced despite requests to several staff members. Uneven cleaning and replenishment of supplies (toilet paper, water). No DVD player as advertised, but I didn't care. Sofa too low/soft. Bed softer than many in Asia, but no mattress topper as advertised (unless they mean mattress protector). Small safe not bolted down and needed battery. Gaps in doors let in mosquitoes. No number on phone to call front desk and no instructions from staff. Key controlled electricity means refrigerator off all day. Door key didn't work so replaced with one that eventually worked with jiggling and pulling/pushing door. All water would go off unexpectedly during day and night--staff said motor would shut off so they had to hit it to make it run again.

Pool was comfortable though area around edge slippery. Plenty of loungers. Local rice and noodle dishes in restaurant fine. Breakfast (buffet) marginal. No packed breakfast despite promised. Tuk-tuk drivers fine.

Fellows at the front desk are friendly and try to be helpful. Probably a cultural thing that staff overall tend to say yes and OK, but then do not follow through. I think they do not want to say no.

Maybe the high reviews are from people who stay one night and everything goes OK? With a longer stay, guests are more likely to experience the problems (like lack of reliable water)? Otherwise, I can't explain why my experience was so different from the majority of reviewers.

Not sure why hotel name changed. They still have Tripadvisor certificate with old name posted in lobby.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This hotel was lovely, with a beautiful courtyard and good sized rooms- yet nonstop problems meant my stay was frustrating, and pretty terrible. The free pickup from the airport is on a tuk-tuk, which is fine but it would have been nice to no in advance, as I had luggage and arrived early which meant it was cold. Then there's no early check-in, despite the fact that I informed them what time I was coming and they had every opportunity to let me know. I finally got my room but for some reason there was no key for the door?? I had to wait an hour and a half while keys were made and tested several times. My shower didn't have any hot water the entire time I was there, despite my reporting the problem to reception. I had two days of cold showers and wasn't able to take advantage of the beautiful bathtub. My comforter had a giant tear that was tucked in, in what looked like an attempt to hide it...and my sheets had a giant and disturbing stain. The restaurant didn't have everything listed, which is fine but kind of annoying. And then when I came down for breakfast I was told to sit and was simply brought out a plate of food...without anyone asking me what I wanted. Everyone who came after me was able to choose. Then my ride back to the airport (another tuk-tuk) was $8!! which is really just outrageous. All in all my stay went from bad to worse. I was super disappointed. It seems others had way better experiences so I'm not sure what the problem was- hopefully it's fixed soon.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Teng T, Manager at Reveal Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Ms. Leslie,

Greeting from Reveal Courtyard Hotel, Siem Reap!

Thank you very much for staying with us during your holiday in Siem Reap Angkor.

We read your comment carefully and thank you very much for reporting us in these issues. The duty of our reservation is to get information of arrival guests meant that we should know who coming what time of the day and provide us the easy way to control man power and welcome to check in guests. However is not meant that all early arrival needs to have early check in as our international standard check in time is 2pm. Hope this standard you be aware. Unless we have room availability so that we could accommodate guests to have early check in and for sure up to rooms availabilities.

Our colleagues did inform you about unexpected happen about room key which was error and immediately we got master key to get you in room and leave you alone without any disturbance. We did inspected our key by our own while you were outside.

The hot water our staff did inform you that while immediately you get inside the room you need to on master light to on the electricity and it will be slowly getting hot. However if you immediately using it will be slowly getting warm, but if you keep in about 10mn and it will be hot enough.

Our food menu some day run out of stock because of not available from our supplier we did informed them as well due to your comment here.

Breakfast menu is prepared according to western concept and simple ways and most of our clients did enjoy with our breakfast. However the some guests might not eat meat and sausage so we prepare only vegetarian for them that you found why some guests can order different from our menu.

The fee of transferring guests to town or airport is according to our standard price. You found that price is different meant that you compare with street tuk tuk that is making senses. We found that you did use the street tuk tuk for your touring to Angkor Wat temple. However if you using our service the drop off to airport will be made without any charges.

Dear Ms. Leslie, we sorry to hear that your stay was not meeting your expectation. We would love to wish you a very pleasant stay on your next destination.

Have a great day,

Teng

Operation Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We loved our few days vacation at this hotel with fabulous luscious green oasis with lovely spacious air-conditioned rooms around a beautifully decorated swimming pool. All the staffs are so helpful and available, committed to making your stay perfect. Highly recommended this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
RevealGroup, Manager at Reveal Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Alice L,

We are pleased to read your review following your stay at Reveal Courtyard,
It is very satisfying to read your wonderful comments. Our staff are doing their best to offer you an incredible experience and I would like to thank you for highlighting their work. Your review is a source of motivation for our team and I will look forward to sharing it.

We are eagerly awaiting to welcome you again in Siem Reap!

Reveal Courtyard,
Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very comfortable, refresh with natural environment ! superb building. Every little detail of this boutique hotel was lovely. Very pretty.
Rooms were like a modern accompanied by forests, very central. Walk to some great restaurants, the gardens or a few mins on a tuk tuk to central market.
Pool was great for adults, not ideal for little kids who aren't confident swimming. But nice pool.
Breakfast was ok. Nothing to rave about but it was sooooo good to get a real latte!
The room service.... well there isn't really room service. It's more like take away menus for all the local restaurants and they'll go get it for you.
Staff were very attentive, friendly with perfect English.
Very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: We're appreciated to stay there again latter on.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RevealGroup, Manager at Reveal Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

ear Samath N,

We are pleased to read your review following your stay at Reveal Courtyard,

We are eagerly awaiting to welcome you again in Siem Reap!