3,416 results
All reviews welcome home kroya restaurant larger pool jasmine scented cold towels local community angkor wat tuk tuk beautiful hotel boutique hotel moment you arrive mini bar sister hotel mobile phone deluxe room quiet street memorable stay
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Our room was beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more attentive to your every need. Though our room did get a little flooded with a downpour ( they moved us to another room which was more than adequate) Also Loved that the mini bar was free!!
Love the pool and the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff made it very enjoyable.
The restaurant was fantastic with a variety of meals including breakfast. Just be careful ordering water here as they charge$6 a bottle. But other than that was an amazing place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed three nights at Shinta Mani. From the moment we arrived until our check out, the service was incredible. Things like smiles and greetings from every staff, cool towels and walking us across the street were items we all noticed and appreciated. We all felt like royalty.

The decor is updated and modern. I loved walking around the properties. We enjoyed massages in the spa. The ladies even came around the pool and gave us a 10 minute sample. We ate at all of the restaurants and enjoyed the food quite a lot. We went on the full day sunrise temple tour. There were coffee and pastries waiting for us and a nice breakfast packed for us during the tour. Our Shinta Mani driver even had the hotel's cool towels for us when we were at our hottest point during the day.

And the icing on the cake! was at our departure when the manager, Thik, and his staff presented a delicious birthday cake to my husband! We've traveled the world and stayed at many hotels, this is five star all the way.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We have stayed here many times and just love the staff. They are very special and feel more like our family. I honestly believe there is nothing they wouldn't do to assist guests.
There have been a few changes lately and I think the hotel may be moving in a direction that doesn't really suit it. Apart from the staff, what we loved most about the hotel was the relaxed yet chic atmosphere. It is starting to feel a little like a 'chain hotel' now, which is a shame.
Thank you to the staff - if there was a rating for you alone it would be 100/10!!! You work so hard and are a wonderful asset.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I have stayed in many hotels but when I arrived and when we went out during the day, when we got back to the hotel, it wasn't , welcome, hello, good to see you again Sir, Madame but always.....".welcome home" which was always accompanied by a cold cloth and chilled complimentary bottke of water.

Staff are extremely attentive without being intrusive. Nothing is a bother. The hotel has sister location across the road called Shinta Mani Resort. Regardless of staying in the club or resort side the facilities are interchangeable..

The hotel is also a socially responsible business as it trains local people from outer lying villages for ten months in all aspects of the hotel business after which they are given a certificate which enables them to find work. They are given a 5kg bag of rice weekly to help their families as well as a monthly wage.

I would highly recommend the cooking class....AWESOME! at the time of writing this the class was $40 USD. It started at 10:30 with a tour of the local market after which we were to taught to cook a 4 course traditional Khmer meal which they then served to us in their restaurant Kroya.

The hotel is central to the nightlife eg Pub Street. (which really is 4 streets intersecting which are all called Pub Street. And only 25 minutes to temples.

Rooms made up every day, fresh flowers and fruit in your room every day,and beds turned down every night..oh they leave the air-con on for so its cool when you get back to the room at night!

On leaving (we stayed 2 weeks) it was more like leaving good friends than just a hotel.

I would go again and again and again...........

A word of advice don't make Siem Reap a pitt stop (2 or 3 days) to see the temples...there is so much more if you're willing look!

PS.. don't forget ask about there socially responsible activites.

Pauline D

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Nothing really wrong but the key question I always ask myself is "if I were to return to the town/city would I stay at the same hotel?" and for me the answer in this case is no.

The staff are great, friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable enough. And the location was good. The hotel arranged good tours to Angkor - perhaps a little on the more expensive side, but I expected that booking through a hotel.

So what was wrong? The breakfast buffet & cooked options were minimal compared with some "resort" hotels that we have used and there was nothing on the cooked options that my wife would eat, so that was a disappointment. The cooked options menu was the same every day. The pool area we never used - it felt a little small and uncomfortable for us. I could appreciate that others may actually prefer that but not for us.

So although we probably wouldn't return, there's little wrong, and to be fair you'd be hard pushed to do much better.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple