“Try the breakfast smoothie!”
Review of The Hive

The Hive
Ranked #106 of 1,087 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Known for its superb coffee and a distinctly inner city vibe, The Hive is a bustling social hub for expats and tourists alike. Since its conception in 2013, this Australian owned, locally managed cafe has cemented itself as Siem Reap favourite. If you're a coffee lover, a brunch goer, a juice detoxer, or simply looking for a touch of home, The Hive awaits.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

My fiance and I both enjoyed our food and the service was good too, but we were blown away by the breakfast smoothie, which is probably the best smoothie I've ever had. Delicious!

It's a nice, relaxed atmosphere, just a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street. Recommended for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank Allison S

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We visited for a breakfast as the reviews were good. It’s a really clean cafe which is always a good sign.

We ordered 2 eggs Benedict’s with bacon and hash browns they were delicious and the poached eggs were cooked perfectly.

The coffee was also extremely good and wasn’t sweet like the majority of south east Asia coffee.

The bill came to $ 18 for 2x lattes, 2eegs benefits a rocky road and a lime tart. Extremely good value for the quality of food and a nice treat when travelling.

We will definitely revisit!

1  Thank jasmine c
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Great cafe that serves Rumblefish Coffee, plays great music and has a kickass breakfast/bunch menu. Arguably the best brunch in town, in fact. My only gripe is the wifi; I used to come to here to work during afternoons but recently (Fall 2017) the wifi has been terrible. I keep telling myself it's isolated incidents and go back with my fingers crossed and it's still just as bad. The staff are happy to reset the routers (there are two networks, equally inconsistent) but it isn't much help. It's bad enough that I've started to work other places. Wifi issues aside, Hive is easily one of the best cafes in town, particularly for breakfast/brunch and for their desserts.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is the third time my wife and I have come here. This time we spent money getting a Tuk Tuk to get here, it is that good. Juices are amazing and only $3. Coffee is the best we have tried in Siem Reap. Although we havent been to every coffee shop here we have been to three others recommended in Tripadvisor and this one was a clear winner. We also enjoy the comfy chairs, air conditioning and complimentary water. Enjoy....

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I didn’t get great service here, nor poor service either. They had a nice smoothy without any added sugar and some greens in it I think, which I have every morning here in the US. Since I was in Cambodia for a month and Asia for several more, it was a refreshing change.

I tried to love this place but couldn’t. I’m not a big coffee drinker to be candid, but that’s my problem w caffeine. I think the staff was just hungover when I stopped in, but it was full moon in May. Overall it was a decent meal and not a bargain for Siem Reap, but they had some unique offerings. If you’re into coffee it seems like a must stop, but of the dozens of restaurants I’ve visited in this town over multiple visits, this isn’t at the top of my list, nor a bargain. Give it a shot though and drop a review.