“grilled fish ! grilled squid !”

Khmer Grill Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 1,127 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese, French, Korean, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Offering a reasonable price with tasty and varied options of food with all friendly local team and empowering the local youth with service industry! We might be closed during local holidays or staff trip, but not very often but any doubts, kindly give us a call or drop us an email.
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We came to check out the Khmer Grill with the intention to eat there a bit later, based on the favorable Tripadvisor reviews. We soon learned that there was no possibility for reservations and that the place could be packed from 7pm onwards. We went back around 6:30pm and were lucky enough to get a table for 2. We followed the enthusiastic suggestion from one of the hosts to go for the grilled fish – and indeed it was delicious, as was the grilled squid. The beef skewers were not as nice as expected, maybe because they had little meat on them, but more likely because it came after the squid and the fish, and these dishes were quite unbeatable! Having been warned that timing of the different dishes could be a little chaotic, which it was, we didn’t care as much as we would in posher places. While most places around Siem Reap we went to had very friendly and welcoming hosts, the personnel at this joint also had a twist for humor and irony that caught our attention.

Date of visit: November 2016
Meankung C, Owner at Khmer Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear SylBjo,
Thank you for your time and I am glad you enjoyed your time here and your feedback is never being neglected for our future clients and it is highly appreciated. I met my team this morning to improve the BBQ meat... Fish takes at least 20-30mns to be grilled by the way.
Thank you for your support to local business and team.
Thank you for your visit to Cambodia.
Good stay!
Best,
Chin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Quite Possibly the best restaurant I have had the privilege to dine in for my entire trip around SE Asia! The service is some of the best I have experienced, along with some of the best steak I've had in a very long time! You have to come to this restaurant if you are in Siem Reap! You will want to come back every night.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I can honestly say after traveling the world for the last year and a half I have not come across a restaurant that comes close to this one with quality and price. It is the best steak dish I have had since leaving my home and it was only 3 dollars! The staff are extra friendly and will give you great tips for the area if you are a traveler like myself. My boyfriend and I had such a great experience that we came back two days in a row and will most likely continue to come until we leave Siem Reap. If you are visiting Siem Reap this restaurant is a must!!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Seems really busy when we arrived 630pm. Staff very cheerful. Food was good apart from the deep fried spring rolls which were a little bland. However price is very cheap

Date of visit: November 2016
Meankung C, Owner at Khmer Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Roger,
Nothing to say but thank you for your comment and positive about it.
I have already spoken to team about it.
Thank you again for your positive feedback and it is highly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and have a good stay in Cambodia.
Best,
Chin

Reviewed 7 November 2016

A nice and affordable place for local food and grill. Simply no frills. The staff there is friend and this particular waitress (Moy) speaks good English. My friend and I had lunch there twice during our stay in Siem Reap. They serve both local and western food...local food e.g. burger with fries US 3.00 and local seafood noodles for US 2.50. I will go back again if I visit Siem Reap.