All reviews auberge des electric shower beautiful tropical garden two storey traditional khmer style tuk tuk saltwater pool pub street an excellent base days exploring decorated rooms baguette quiet hotel water pressure is ceiling fan green oasis nice pool
Reviewed 24 August 2012

It was such an amazing experience to be in Siem Reap. Every bit the holiday we had hoped for. Angkor Wat and the temples... amazing. Sunrise was crowded but worth the effort. Our stay in Borann made the experience complete and perfect. The people at Borann were so friendly... always smiling and helpful. Everyone says the pool is great... and it was, especially after a long day at the temples. Borann was also able to arrange for us someone whom we think is the best tuk-tuk driver by far.... again full of smiles... and did not make us feel that all he wanted was our money! Bit off the track from Old Market and Pub Street but my family of 4 including 2 teenagers were happy to take a leisurely walk there one evening, and on the other days the tuk-tuk ride only cost us USD2 each way. Borann is definitely where we will return to when next back in Siem Reap.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BenitoBenoit, Owner at SiZen Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thanks a lot for your nice comments.
We look forward to welcoming you again. Bénito.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

A nice swimming pool that we did enjoy a lot after a day waking in the temples, clean and large room (same for the bathrom) and overall, dedicated and warm cambodian people. A charming hotel that we would recommand.
It would be much cheaper if you get your cloth washed outside, than through the hotel.

Room tip: Prefer a room on the second floor - we had two on the first floor (rez de chausse) which were less sunny and more humid than the above ones.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BenitoBenoit, Propriétaire at SiZen Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you to have choosen Borann, l'Auberge des Temples and thank you for your comment.
I do agree that prices for laundry could be found a bit cheaper outside. In the past we have considered subcontractor's offers for our laundry but the conditions provided by them to their staff weren't for us satisfactory. Therefore, we have prefered to keep it done on site, to better serve our customers, keep to our staff fair conditions of employment, even if our costs for the laundry are a bit higher.
Thanks for your understanding and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

The location is off the main stretch but that makes it an oasis from the noise and dust of the tourist crowds. Breakfast is hearty and give you a good start to the day. I loved it that there was no TV and wifi was only available in the main area, a great vacation away from the usual bustle of daily life.

There was the option to bathe the traditional way, from an urn filled with water. A refreshing way to clean off the grime from the city.

I missed my out-bound flight and the staff were really helpful in helping me figure out alternatives.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BenitoBenoit, Owner at SiZen Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thanks a lot for your nice comment on Borann. I am happy that the staff have been very helpful. They always are trying there best to solve problems whenever customers do enconter some, even if it has nothing to do with us.
I hope you'll keep a great image of Cambodia and that you'll share with your friends your nice stay with us.
Bénito.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This is a small auberge with a cluster of two-story buildings around a garden, open-air restaurant and pool. They were super friendly, even catering to my phobia against mosquitoes by providing (without solicitation) coils in the room and in the restaurant. We spent 4 nights in Siem Reap. It wasn't the most central location, but a short tuk-tuk ride made everything very accessible. To me, the most striking thing was the obvious social conscience of the owner/management. I think he's Swiss or French and speaks fluent Kymer (there were predominately French-speaking tourists there). The manager of the Swiss hospital (that provides free pediatric services in the area) was a guest at the time, and the owner clearly is an advocate of child protection practices (from postings on the bulletin board, etc.) That compassion is also reflected in whom he hires. One example, my husband asked about a massage, and they suggested a free-lance blind woman who came to the room, was paid directly (no commission for the hotel) and was excellent. The staff was helpful, assisting us in arranging our transportation to other areas. A nice feature was the "Kymer bath" (in addition to a standard shower) in the bathroom. I'm glad we stayed there.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jxschode

Thanks for your nice comments. Yes, indeed, we have a conscious about this beautiful country at Borann. You are right, i am french originally, but Cambodian too, as the King and the Prime Minister have granted me with the nationality in 2000 due to my humanitarian work. You can discover it through www.krousar-thmey.org.
Looking forward to welcoming you again. Bénito.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Had a most enjoyable stay at Borann. The staff were very helpful and so cheerful, they made each day a delight. I found my room and terrace very comfortable and it had all that was necessary for a few days.
The garden and pool were very attractive and were very welcome after a morning of sightseeing around the temples and elsewhere. I found the dining area very pleasant, the breakfasts lovely and the evening meal I had was delicious.
It was also very convenient to have tuk tuk drivers at the hotel and "Mr Sun" was a happy and helpful addition to my vacation.
A return visit is hoped for.

Date of stay: December 2011