All reviewsyellow rooman oasisthe main housetranquil gardentuk tuktropical paradiseboutique hotelswimming poolfish amokmobile phonetemple tourstay in siem reapgreat roomthree nightsamazing staffankor watcold towels
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Where else will you find hotel staff that welcome you back after a warm bike trip with cold towels and a smile? This is what makes Maison Polanka special; the personal touch. Every small request is taken care of. Room is gerat, pool fabulous and the food super yummy.

I casually mentioned that my husband and I were on holidays for our wedding anniversary and just before we left, we received a Congratulations card, signed by all staff. Super sweet!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
11  Thank MerelSydney
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We stayed here for our 30th wedding anniversary and had one of the most amazing few days of our lives. From the personalised greeting at the airport , our anniversary flowers, the welcome drink with lemongrass as a straw and the beautiful decoration throughout the property, it is such a special place. I haven't felt so spoilt since I was a child at my grandmother's house. We slept late one afternoon after an early start at the temples, so candles were light so I could take a late swim, fresh baked cakes are delivered to your sun bed as you swim and you are always greeted with a smile. Best hotel I have ever stayed in and I shall return.

Room Tip: Not many and they all look amazing
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
13  Thank sued_61
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We are swept off our feet with the warm reception given us at this beautiful property. We had a perfect stay and we are certainly coming back. We have been to Angkor/Siem Reap before and we were quite particular that this trip would not be a standard Angkor visit. The maison and their staff were very sensitive to our preferences and made every effort to make us feel truly at home.

Room Tip: We liked our room (yellow) and would choose it again.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
13  Thank sancelestino
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The hotel has only a small number of rooms which are situated in superb tropical gardens. We had the first floor yellow room which was comfortable, spacious and with an excellent bathroom. The hotel was uncrowded and relaxing and with a superb swimming pool. Guests were a mix of French and British.
The charming staff were very generous to us. There was cake or pancakes and Twinings tea in the afternoon. Breakfasts were a delight sitting outside. Brilliant gin and tonics in the evening.
The only downsides were noise from building works at neighbouring properties but the workers looked industrious and pretty advanced so they may have finished by now. It was not a problem. We also had a disturbed night when the local market burnt down but that was hardly the fault of the hotel and very sad.
We found the food, at times, disappointing. It could be excellent, but one evening my wife had a dish of fish and raw vegetables which was inedible and my accompanying beef stir fry was as tame as it was tough. Perhaps we were just unlucky.
The hotel went out of their way to provide a picnic for us to take to Ankhor Wat and were very good at putting an ice box in my room to store stuff.
Would recommend with little hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Just a word: perfect! An outstanding service, a beautiful place, an excellent food, what else? All is done so that every thing becomes easy (use the hotel's tuc tuc!). Massage is a must do.A place very hard to leave.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family