1,887 results
All reviews elephant bar cabana suite apsara terrace landmark room colonial charm angkor wat main building modern amenities huge pool breakfast buffet phnom penh cold towels wonderful hotel tour guide tuk tuk welcome drink an oasis
Reviewed 4 July 2015

expect no less from the Raffles brand - a beautifully appointed and preserved colonial-style hotel, with a cage elevator from the 1930's still in good working condition. Butlers are at your service, a call away.
Located smack in the city centre, the restaurants are just 5mins drive away. You can explore the city in a trishaw which charges about USD $1 !
The Raffles also boasts of the only hotel in Siem Reap with an Olympic-sized pool in the premises.
The only downside is the flies and mozzies if you leave your balcony door open for too long..
Treat yourself with a stay here :)

Room Tip: request for a pool view or garden view room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Raffles-RGA, Hotel Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear esther_2211,

It is a pleasure to receive your kind compliments which never fail to motivate our team. We are glad that you had a wonderful time exploring our historic hotel including our original bird-cage elevator and our pool.

We hope that you had a wonderful visit to Siem Reap overall and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

This hotel is not glitzy or the most modern but it has old world charm. Service was faultless and friendly, and food was very good but compared to the cost of food in restaurants outside the hotel expensive. Breakfasts were excellent, but how could they not be if great french champagne, as much as you liked, was freely available and a great noodle soup was available.
The spa, is not glitzy or glamorous but the services excellent. Try a 4 hand massage.
The pool is huge and well served by a poolside bar etc and again tho not glitzy is set in a pretty garden.
The elephant bar is just what an old world hotel should provide. Deep leather chesterfield sofa's and lots of wood and a club like atmosphere.
The hotel is in a very good location. Not in the centre of the hustle and bustle of Pub Street and surrounds but not too far. A $2USD tuk tuk ride or walk through gardens and a a couple of blocks to Pub Street.
Though not modern in its facilities and building all services were available and of high standard and the service of typical Raffles standard if not better. The staff at all levels were among the most friendly and welcoming we have ever come across.
A great place tasty in at Siem Reap and it makes a bit of a change from the "endlessly perfect " modern hotels

Room Tip: Ground floor pool view suites are excellent with poolside terrace, 2 bathrooms and a separate sitting room
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffKliger

Dear GeoffKliger,

It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time with us, starting your day with our champagne breakfast and capping it off at the Elephant Bar.

We trust that you also had an enjoyable and relaxing time swimming in our gigantic pool and at the spa.

Thank you very much for appreciating the colonial charm of our historic hotel and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

I stayed recently for 4 nights in one of their basic rooms. This is a very clean hotel and the whole place is made by their excellent staff who resolve all issues quickly. I have only given it 4 stars because I found the bed provided hard. Be careful if you visit the spa and have a deep tissue massage. My experience has left my legs quite bruised despite telling the masseur that the pressure was too forceful. I enjoyed the food at the hotel and breakfast was superb. Plenty of choice and freshly prepared. The pool is probably one of the best I have swum in anywhere in the world. They keep it immaculately clean and it's WARM. Again here the staff were excellent and came promptly with drinks and food as ordered.

I am sure this is the best hotel at Siem Reap.

The guide that they provided for me was better than excellent and his command of English was as good as mine.

Stayed: June 2015

Dear GeoffKliger,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our heritage hotel. While we are glad that you appreciate the immaculate cleanliness and top notch hospitality, we regret to hear about the inconvenience that you had with the bed and with your spa treatment, and we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We are delighted, nevertheless, that these issues did not hinder you to enjoy Siem Reap.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Just spending a few days having a look at the sites around the area.
This hotel is a great way to wind up the trip of Vietnam and Cambodia.
The hotel service is great, breakfast amazing. Rooms are very comfortable and are in older world style to suit the history of the building.
Highly recommended !!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve P
Raffles-RGA, Hotel Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Steve P,

Our team at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor extends our appreciation for your kind compliments. We are glad that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay in our heritage hotel.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Siem Reap to see the ancient temples. For the first time ever, we utilized a tour service. They chose the Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor as the hotel for this Grand Adventure! I searched the web to see what else was on offer in the area, and was overwhelmed with the choices - at all price points. We elected to stay in the Raffles for several reasons - the first being that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and wanted a special treat. We had also visited the Raffles Hotel while in Singapore and were very impressed with that property. The tour company got us a better deal than I could have on the internet. We reserved a State Room with a pool view and a guarantee of a balcony. We arrived very late at night, after long hours of flying and had a very pleasant reception upon arrival at the hotel. I especially enjoyed their "Welcome Drink" and ordered it on several other occasions. This drink is not alcoholic, but is very refreshing and uplifting - great for drinking in a hot tropical environment. Our room was ready, and they had decorated it to help us celebrate our anniversary - very sweet and thoughtful - and even provided a cake on the night of our anniversary. However, we were not given a room with a balcony, as was promised on our reservation. We complained and after a brief discussion - the hotel upgraded us to a Landmark Room as there were no State Rooms available with a balcony. Well done Raffles. This alone has won this property cudo's in my book. The landmark room was slightly bigger and did come with the promised balcony - which we used frequently to savor the cooler mornings and to watch the rain fall. Both rooms were decorated in the tropical colonial style, with regional touches for color and flavor. Very nice and comfortable. Although, I thought the bed was much too hard and I did not sleep as well as I would have liked. The room had block out curtains, which helped keep the brunt of the day's heat at bay, and insured we could sleep past sunrise on those days we were not required to wake up early. AC and ceiling fans kept our room at a very pleasant temperature - and the staff did not keep changing or adjusting the settings, a very refreshing change. The bathroom was nice, but as a female traveler, I was (and usually am) disappointed in the lack of space for personal care items. A shelf or two would have been much appreciated and easily installed. I loved that they had a magnifying mirror, as the lighting and the distance to the main mirror are not the best for aging eyes. They had a shower and a tub, but it was very hard to step into the tub (for either a bath or a shower) as the sides are very high. An older person or one with joint issues would not be able to easily access either the shower or the tub. Handles are positioned for use, but not in reachable areas for getting in or out. I nearly fell once and I am not sure how I managed to right myself without injury. This hotel had excellent service and the people were all very nice and extremely helpful. They take the extra step to ensure that your stay is perfect. They make the hotel exceptional. They remembered our names and addressed us personally every day - even remembering our personal preferences. Nicola, the Manager of Food and Beverage Services helped us choose restaurants for dinner and had a hit on each one that we followed. The buffet breakfasts are magnificent - with much on offer every morning. And, if you don't see it, but want it - they will make sure you get it! Not normally a breakfast person, I usually choose to skip this meal - but not here! I woke up earlier than necessary each day to ensure that I would not miss this event! Highly recommended. The grounds are lovely and beg for an early morning stroll before the heat of the day is too oppressive. My husband used the gym frequently and they had everything he needed for a full workout. The pool was beautiful, but rather warm and had a very high chlorine level. We did not use their spa/salon offerings - but the facilities looked very nice and they did offer us a discount coupon when we registered. Raffles had a very beautiful exhibit of Buddha statues while we were there. It was very nice to see. They also have several stores and a photo gallery well worth visiting. One amazing thing that this hotel offered us was a late check out - and do I mean LATE! While standard fare at most hotels, it is unusual to be offered anything beyond a couple of hours. Raffles allowed us to stay until it was time to leave for our flight - which was scheduled for midnight! They even cleaned the room, put new towels and amenities in place and provided more fruit and water - well above and beyond duty in my opinion, and much appreciated. Be aware that this is a high end hotel - everything on offer is at the higher price range...so dinner and drinks add up very quickly. My one complaint is an odd one. As we were headed out every day on temple or countryside excursions, I was using sunscreen and bug spray daily. I use an aerosol spray and as I don't like to get the over spray all over, I usually apply in the shower - which I did here. This seemed to turn the tub yellow and the residue made the tub slippery. This is not a problem when you clean the tub - but the tub was never scrubbed! When I realized this, I washed it down so I would not slip in the shower. Can't understand why a hotel of this caliber would not require staff to clean the tub daily - or at all during our visit. Everything else was perfectly clean and well maintained during our stay. Over all - an excellent hotel and a perfect place to celebrate a special event, or to submerge yourself in colonial charm for a sublime tropical adventure.

Room Tip: Lots of luggage, stay in the main building with an elevator. I didn't see one in the wing where we were given a room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear oxnarddragonlady,

Thank you very much for sharing your comprehensive review on your stay in our heritage hotel. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for our shortcomings which had caused discomfort and inconvenience during your stay but we are glad that you have shared it with us as it gives us the opportunity to rectify the issues and improve our service and facilities further.

Most of all, we are delighted to know that despite the inconvenience, you had an enjoyable 10-day visit to Siem Reap, including a memorable 20th anniversary spent in this beautiful paradise.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.