All reviews old market night market pub street tuk tuk angkor wat free breakfast room was clean and comfortable stayed here for nights packed breakfast phnom penh driver tours laundry sunrise pickup boutique
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Near to restaurants, pubs, live music. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Hotel and room is very clean. Nicely decorated. Very nice shower, good flow of water. Nice aircon and fan. Very good WiFi! Flat TV with more than 80 channels for those who like that, even English speaking channels. Good breakfast with a lot of choices (not buffet). Very quiet, easy to get a good nights sleep. Recommend this to everyone that doesn't want/need a pool. Free pickup from the airport, free breakfast. Fix trips for you if you want. Return to airport only $5. Nothing bad to say.....

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Villa Medamrei is in a great location in the old market area, just a short walk from the Night Market, Pub Street and endless places to eat and drink. There's also ATMs and a convenience store just a short walk away, and a neverending supply of tuk-tuk
/ motorbike drivers ready to take you wherever you want to go. The Giant Ibis office is also just a few doors away, perfect for my night bus departure back to Phnom Penh.
The hotel is beautifully decorated - the restaurant's balcony where I had breakfast was really stunning, with nice views out onto the street.
I found the hotel staff so friendly and helpful
- After arriving in Siem Reap by night bus at 6am, the staff let me check into my room super-early at 8am because it was already empty and cleaned, so I was able to get showered and changed before heading out for the day.
- They arranged the hotel tuk-tuk driver to take me around the temple sites for a full 3 days, including sunrise at Angkor Wat on the final day.
- Even after I'd checked out, I was able to leave my luggage behind reception for the entire day, the staff helped me book a ticket for the "Phare" circus, and once again arranged for the hotel's tuk-tuk driver to take me there and back.
I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Villa Medamrei had a tuk tuk pick us up from the airport free of charge, we were too early to check in but the young man at reception entertained us with some stories until our room was ready. The room was small but had everything we needed and was perfectly clean. The hotel is centrally located in Siem Reap, a short walk to pub street. Breakfast was small but tasted fine and they give you a take away bag if you're going to angkor for sunrise. A good value hotel with excellent customer service.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Came here to stay 4 days with a friend. We got picked up at the airport without any problems.

The rooms are nice and clean, the staff is really helpful and very polite.
My experience here was only positive, and if I ever return to Siem Reap I will come back to this hotel for sure.

All in all a nice budget hotel where u get much for the money. Only 2 minutes walking distance to the pubstreet wich also is nice.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

First I would like to talk about the hotel which is walkable distance to pub Street, super market, travels (for local siteseeing as well as buses to other parts of Cambodia or Bangkok ).
I stayed here for 2 nights. First thing I didn't like is room was not painted. It had that cement flooring and cement wall with no paints on wall. I don't know if they designed it like that because lobby was clean with flooring and well lit. The best part of this place is it is very close to pub Street, market, food outlets and even travels. If you are planning to visit temples then there is nothing to worry about. Just around 500 meters there are lots of travel to choose from . So I am giving 2 stars for location.

Now why I took 3 stars away :
1.There was free pick up and I mailed them 2 days before. I gave them all the details. My pick up point was just 400 meters from where the bus dropped me. They didn't turn up and I had to pay 2$ for that. I was in touch with person named May who is the front desk in charge. At the time of check out I requested may to provide a free drop since they didn't pick me up he started talking rules. Later when I started telling him that you have provided free drop to people to airport which was 5 km for same reason and you are avoiding to drop me just 500 meters. I had a 25 kg luggage so I couldn't walk. May started talking it's companies policies and when I showed him trip advisor comments where people told me hotel people dropped them to airport when they missed to pick up, he didn't have anything else to say. I also showed him the mail to which they didn't respond and after showing the mail he accepted. All this nuisance for the distance of 500 meters drop in tuk tuk.

2. On day 1 of my stay I availed tuk tuk for a short route of temples which include sunrise at angkor wat, angkor Thom and other things which falls in the route. The hotel people will give you a map and explain. They charged me $20 for a whole day which I was ok and the service was too good. Might be a $5 more when compared to other travels but it was worth as I was new to siem reap and didn't have much idea. When I asked regarding a private car may told me it would cost me $55.(please note this point will come to it later part of my review.)

Now here comes the worst part. After my day 1 went well next day I wanted to do a long route which covers all temples. After my 1st day ride in tuk tuk one thing I would like to say is, it was super hot, tuk tuk was very slow, lots of dust would fall on you coz it's open. When I was talking to front end staff they said it would cost $35 for long trip. I asked him one simple question how can you cover all places since distance is far but they tried to misguide me and said they would cover all. Due to my instincts I said I would let you guys know and took a walk to market and their I spoke to travels and negotiated for Toyota camry for $45. Best part is I have gone to kbal sieap which is 5km from banteay srei and out of map or route for any tour bus or van iteniray. And after I completed my trip I realised that if I would have believed hotel and taken tuk tuk probably I would have seen only 1 temple for sure.
I got back and told May to please don't suggest people to take tuk tuk to long route as they won't be able to see anything. They will waste time in travel itself. Please don't misguide people. Probably he knows that for $35 people would see only 1 place and return. Later he started telling me that I have paid too much for car you could have got it for $40. Then I reminded him that he asked $55 for a short route itself and now why are you saying 45 is more. Again he literally couldn't speak anything.

I want to advice my travellers friends across the globe who are planning to make a trip please don't take tuk tuk for long route if your stay is short like mine (stayed for only 2 days but took a three days temple pass since pass is required for all major temples)

It's worth to take a car for a long route. We were only a people of 2 but still we took a car and trust me I have covered most of the temple which many travellers have skipped even though they stayed longer than me.

Please carry plenty of water, it was super hot so staying hydrated is really important.

Try to visit kbal siep. It includes hike of 1.5 km and if you have infant's then please skip this place coz there is no path way and would be too dangerous if you would slip and fall. It took me and my dad who is 75 yrs old around 3 to 4 hours for complete hike and getting down back to our car . I took it bit slow for my dad but I never expected it to be like that :) it's a must see place which many tourist don't know about and you can find very little tourist when compared to ankor wat.
While booking car please insist for that and ask them that it's inclusive of price. I got it written on the bill they have given coz I know the driver would say that place doesn't cover in long route. Exactly that happened next day. He started arguing and I put end to his argument by showing recipient and also called to travels and got it confirmed.

There are lots of scams so just be careful, smart and act accordingly to the situation.

No matter how the situations were I enjoyed my 2 days stay at siem reap. The beauty of temples made me forget everything :) and if you plan well 2 days is enough to cover all temples. But to see things in more detail I advice you can stay for the 3rd day too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family