“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018

When I looked at the two set menus online before arriving at Wat Damnak I was a bit concerned that I wasn't going to like it, but that was definitely not the case. The food was incredible with lots of unusual ingredients and flavours that were perfectly married together. They were happy to switch the starter course from the other menu for my husband with no issue. Fish was cooked to perfection and the pork was tender and delicious. The chef personally greets each guest at the beginning and speaks to you again at the end of your meal, a very nice touch.
Not to be missed, especially for a special occasion!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This is the place to go for a special occasion which is what my wife and I did for my birthday. The restaurant is high end. This usually means small portions and big cost. And so it does here. We had the tasting menu which had 6 courses and all were very delicious and delicate gourmet food items. The time between servings was very leisurely but for us too leisurely....this meal took about 2.5 hours. We left with a smaller wallet but not a big stomach.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I just had one of the best meals of my life!
It’s a price fix menu.
Don’t let that deter—reasonably priced and small portions so not to overwhelm.
The chef personally introduces himself and asks for any food allergies.
All of our servings were very well prepared/exceptionally balanced seasonings. All perfectly done!!!
Not to miss!!!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The 6 corse meal was wonderful. You definitely get what you pay for and then some I think. Great local flavors and would absolutely recommend eating here to anyone!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Don’t really know what I can add that others already haven’t. Had the 6 course tasting menu, it was expensive by Siem Reap standards by cheap by U.S. standards. It’s made the top 50 restaurants in Asia for a reason and the food spoke for itself. Chef Joannès Rivière personally comes to your table at the end of the meal and it was very nice speaking with him, his passion for Khmer cruiser really shows. I booked as soon as the 90 day window opened for reservations and I highly suggest the same if you’re interested in eating here. We sat upstairs under the fans, the restaurant had a French colonial kind of feel to it.