All reviews swim up bar lotus pond travel desk visiting angkor wat beautiful hotel private car breakfast buffet is free airport very pleasant stay rooms are spacious three nights the air conditioning pools cambodia concierge tuk driver
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Great pool, an awesome setting, delicious breakfast, comfy and spacious rooms. But beware of using the Evian water in the fridge, it costs $6.93 each, that was a bit of a shock. Other than that, good value for money and the free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the city center is super convenient.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2018

From the moment you arrive this hotel is perfection. We were greeted warmly by the Bellman dressed in traditional Cambodian clothing. The atrium is beauriful with high ceilings, pond, statuary, lounge, small bar, concierge and Porter station. The pool, although a little warm, was absolutely lovely. Soprom, at the travel desk can easily arrange all of your travel needs. He can be found at the bell desk near the concierge station. He said up a trip for us at 10 o'clock at night leaving the next day to visit the floating Village. He also arranged a group tour to some temples and a waterfall. He also offered to arrange a private tour with a private car and English-speaking guide to take us through the other temples of Angkor Wat, Bayon, Angkor Tom and Ta Prom, The tomb raider temple that is being reclaimed by strangling fig trees which should not be a missed. All in all, I have to say the hotel was perfect especially because it was quiet. We changed hotels for one evening closer to the city and it was noisy at night time and also in the morning. If you value your sleep and a beautiful hotel I highly recommend The palace residence and Villa. Finally I want to mention if you have a child or a third or fourth person in your party they do charge $25 extra per person per night. We did purchase our booking directly through the Palace residence website we did enter that we were two adults and one child we paid the amount stated. However, when we arrived at the hotel they would not allow us to check in unless we agreed to pay an extra $75 for the three nights we were there, I do feel that this information was probably in the FinePrint however when you pay for three people upon making the reservation you should not be charged extra once you arrive.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kimajc1
Reviewed 5 July 2018

The staff are so attentive it almost makes you uncomfortable. They great you with a gong being hit and the staff comes out and gives you a scarf and drink and cold towel. Arriving at this hotel almost has a ceremonial feel to it. On a practical note, they have free shuttle buses into town where you can visit the market and the concierge is great at arranging a tour. Breakfast buffet is wonderful and how fun it is to have a cocktail at the swim up bar. I wish that I had stayed longer.

Room Tip: they are all good.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights after Khmer New Years is very good. Clean room, good AC and nice bathroom. Two swimming pool that is very good after visited the temples. Will stay this hotel again for the next visit to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Any room in the first floor is very good.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linason501
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My booking was inclusive of arrival transfer, which the hotel representative met me promptly upon arrival. My family and I received a warm welcome upon reaching the hotel with cold towel and welcome drink. Sorty who speaks fluent Mandarin assisted me with checked in. He was very professional and efficient. Sorty was very detail when going through my booking request, especially with regards to my request of having take away breakfast on the day that I had a sunrise tour.

The hotel has a very big compound with 2 beautiful swimming pools. My parents enjoyed their morning walk in the garden. The room's look and feel is a bit old but overall the cleanliness is well maintained. All the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. Some of them may not understand English well but they are polite and will try to get help from others to ensure that you are well assisted.

Stayed: March 2018