Palace Residence & Villa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sabara Angkor Resort & Spa(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
La Residence Blanc D'Angkor(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
Ree Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe club loungeairport shuttlelotus pondpool view roomswim up bartuk tukangkor watan upgradenice hotelfree shuttlehotel restaurantliving roomus dollarsbreakfast buffet isrooms are spaciousa great staythe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We came for our honeymoon and loved the hotel. We booked a pool villa and the room was incredible. Walk-in shower, huge tub, and double sinks. The rooms were very comfortable and had a beautiful view of the garden/pool area. The shuttle downtown was very convenient and we took advantage of it most nights, at least one way. It's not a big deal if it's booked since it's an easy and cheap $3 tuk tuk ride to the night market. The pool and pool bar are nice for relaxing and lounging. We also had massages at the on-site spa and it was well worth it! The prices are a bit more than you would pay downtown but I've tried a few other places downtown and this was the best in terms of service and luxury. The only thing that was a bit of a negative were the massive tour groups that the hotel attracts. Mainly it just makes eating breakfast, which is a good solid mix of Asian (mainly Chinese) and Western food, a total chaotic experience. These groups usually that their own massive tour buses, etc but it made the hotel seem too touristy but that's for my taste. Either way, it's a great hotel for the price and it could have been a very busy season.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelBeeLosAngeles
AngkorPalaceResort, Manager at Palace Residence & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Dear TravelBeeLosAngeles,

We would like to express our sincere thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your honeymoon trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience during your stayed. We do appreciate on your comment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

This hotel in fact has another name! They call it Angkor Palace Resort & Spa now so which is very confusing. I had my reservation via Agoda and it showed the name "Palace Residence & Villa". I sent my arrival information to their offical website (as i needed a pickup) but I had no response at all although I tried to get a hold of them for a few times. They should have got rid of the old website and changed their name on Agoda as well which definately lessened the confusion.

The hotel itself was stunning! It's big and luxurious. We got welcome drinks and fruits in the first place. The room was clean and big and the staff spoke good English as well. Their wifi service was stable and there was also a computer room in the lobby so I could do my flight check-in and information search very conveniently.

The breakfast buffet surely worths mentioning. The restaurant was big and you had your choice to sit indoor or outdoor. They provided many choices and the food was with quality too :)

The boy in the concierge was very helpful. I asked for the information in regard to the ad I saw in a magazine and he soon helped me reserve a table. He helped to explain to the tuk tuk driver too so everything went very smoothly; I was very impressed.

As far as the location is concerned, this hotel was a bit far from the main street (Pub Street), however, there were always many tuk tuks available so which was absolutely safe and easy for us to get to anywhere we wanted. I would highly recomend this nice hotel to anyone who wants to have a trip in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank faith1hope2love
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

We booked a two bedroom Villa through Agoda and neither the property Nor Agoda informed us that the area is a full on Construction site! The noise started at 7 am and continued all the way through the day. I purchased a noise measuring app just to see the noise levels and the average noise level was over 80Db with the max noise level being 87Db!! That basically means you could be standing in a concert or in the middle of a highway. I could also hear all the construction workers outside the villa and even calling them to get the noise down did not help at all.

They did not inform us even when we checked in and we only discovered this when my Wife saw cement bags outside our villa! The pool area outside our villa smelled of diesel fumes and construction dust.

I ordered room service for dinner and the food was almost inedible and gross. I have a feeling they just picked up some old congealed food and served us.

Ridiculous behaviour! We checked out after one day for a five day booking.

This place is a complete nightmare and they are cheating people by not informing them of this major fact that can affect people's decisions.

Believe me, the noise is infernal and I would not stay here if they paid me!

Enclosing a screenshot of my newly acquired decibel meter app.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank KSahni530

Dear KSahni530,

We do appreciate your constructive criticism and do apologize for any inconvenience caused, and rest assured as we do our utmost to reduce the inconvenience to our in-house guests. Please note that there is no more noise in our hotel. Our new swimming pool construction is finished and we have 2 swimming pool in our hotel now.

Every effort or negative comments from our guest is taken very seriously and the negative issue. You mentioned will be ironed out immediately.
We would like to express our sincere thank you for taking your time to share your experience during your stayed. We do appreciate on your comment.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

The hotel is nice & clean. It is a very big hotel so you tend to feel lost in the masses. No real bar to speak of and overpriced wine and water. Loud crowded pool area with lots of kids. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The best thing about this hotel was our Tuk Tuk driver Mr Vang # 24 he was fantastic
His english, knowledge of Siem Reap area and surrounding areas was excellent. He knew just how to lay out our day visiting the temples to avoid the crowds. We used his services for three days and I must say that he was one of the highlights of our trip. We have recommend him and because of him this hotel to friends that are going to Siem Reap in January and a few friends going in March.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view otherwise your looking in the neighbors apt windows.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris C,

We do appreciate your constructive criticism and do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our reviews have usually been positive, and we are truly shocked to know that you stay was not up to expectations.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Stayed 4 nights, but wished I can stay longer. This hotel offers luxury at reasonable prices. The rooms are modern, well maintained and spacious. The pool is fantastic and the water temperature is just perfect. The staff are very friendly. The breakfast is included, and the buffet choices satisfy all. I booked Angkor Wat tours via the hotel & these were wonderful. The guides were very knowledgeable.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Basel A

Dear Basel A,

We do appreciate on your comment. Thank you for sharing your experience during your stayed in our hotel, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.